Sign in to follow this  
Rubberene

Internal Animations Facial Expressions

After tracking down a zip file for internal animations, I downloaded and opened it, and discovered that some of them are missing, like express_open_mouth. No big deal, I thought, I'll just use the listed UUID. That got me an error message that the animation was not found.

Have some of the facial animations been deprecated, or am I just missing something?

You can't start animations, whether the built-in system anims or resident-made ones, by using their UUID.   You can only stop them.   So llStartAnimation("d63bc1f9-fc81-9625-a0c6-007176d82eb7"); is going to throw an error unless there's an animation called d63bc1f9-fc81-9625-a0c6-007176d82eb7 in the same prim as the script.

The built-in system animatons are unlike resident-made ones in that they can be started without their being present in the prim's inventory.   So llStartAnimation("express_open_mouth"); should work, assuming you're got animation permissions, even without an animation in the prim's inventory.