Playing fullscreen videos on TV's?

brickoven

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3531 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello, just wondering about playing a fullscreen web video on one of the many TV's in Second Life. I've noticed that attempting to switch to fullscreen video mode on many websites, such as HBO-GO, results in the video stream stopping on the TV in Second Life, and a new Adobe Flash window being opened seperate from the SL viewer which then plays the video fullscreen. I've tested these on many TV demos and they all do this same thing, so it is not a problem with my specific product. Regardless, I was wondering if there was a way for TV's to properly play fullscreen video on ALL websites? Is there a setting/option that I have overlooked? Any help would be much appreciated!

Viewer: Singularity

TV: NHC Media Center

1 answer to this question

I'm not sure I know what you mean by a "fullscreen video in Second Life."  After all, if you play a video on a TV in SL, it is NOT full screen, by definition...it plays on the TV prim, which does not fill your screen.

The only other thing I can add is that you can run into problems trying to play protected videos in SL, due to copyright restrictions.  If you have a subscription to Netflix or HBO, that means that YOU can play those videos for your own enjoyment, not rebroadcast them for everyone to see.  And that is exactly what you are doing when you stream a video into SL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3531 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.