Corrupt File Detected, Related to SL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3535 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

When I experienced freezing on three occasions today, I got a message saying that I had a corrupt file associated with Second Life.  This was not just with Second Life Viewer, this is with other third-party viewers too.  How is there a corrupt file?  Is it due to not installing updates manually?  Does SLVoice have anything to do with it?  What would I have to do to get rid of the corrupt files to prevent further issues?

I don't know HOW there's a corrupt file, but I do know a probable, or at least possible, fix.

Do a clean install.

Uninstall and reinstall your choice of viewer according to those instructions.

I strongly suggest install only ONE viewer, at least to start. Sometimes files end up corrupted between multiple viewers, so for the time being, maybe just pick your favorite. Uninstall ALL of your viewers, and reinstall just the one you want for right now.

Although I have had problems that I have suspected were caused by corrupt files I have never seen a message that said that. From what you have said you get the message using different viewers.Hmmm.

If the suggestions you have been given so far don't solve the problem it would be useful to know more about the message. What does it say exactly and where does it come from (i.e. is it a message in the viewer or from you OS, does it pop up or did you see it in a log).

Could be something else going on here: bad wireless connection, full disk, heavy fragmentation, corrupt disk or something along those lines that is causing files to be corrupt.

Apparently, I seem to get freezing at times to this day, and apparently it occurred while I was on YouTube, and not Second Life.  I had a freezing occurrence a few minutes ago, and a pop-up just before the last unexpected crash showed something associated with NVIDIA.  Sounds like a graphics card issue, and not my computer.  Would I have to update my NVIDIA graphics card, or would I have to get my graphics card replaced?

It seems to be pretty clear now what it is on my side.

Lucky for me, I can go on Second Life on my laptop for the time being.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3535 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.