Problems with skin and clothes

Alyria Jules

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5013 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am brand new to SL, so maybe it is something that I am doing wrong....Every time I change clothes, I get an error that says "Replaced missing clothing/body part with default.

This changes the look of my skin. I turned a muddled tan, removes all make up, all skin definition, including the enhanced female body parts. I put on a pair of pants, the shirt dissapears. Put on a shirt, the pants dissapear. It does not matter if the outfit is a personal made one, or if its one of the origninal SL starter ones. The only time I can get something to stay in full is if I "buy" it direct from whatever store I am visiting, and check the "Wear now" button. This still erases my skin/makeup however, but at least I am clothed. I dont wish to be doomed to only wandering nude beaches! Can someone help? Please?

3 answers to this question

I have had the same problem many times trying to help new people upgrade their skin. A Linden told me it was a Viewer 2 problem they were aware of and watching.  It would be much easier if you used the old viewer for now, or try Emerald. Never saw that problem using either of those.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5013 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.