Sign in to follow this  
Marktel14

Recording on SL

• Hey Second Life.  I've got some ideas of making short movies with my friends in SL.  What would I need to pull this off?  Software stuff and if I need to Legal stuff.

The best desktop recorder out there for the moment is Nvidia's new ShadowPlay feature in the GForce Experience. Unlike other desktop recorders, it won't slow your whole computer down while recording. It is made to be able to record games. Most people don't even know about it, but I've used it and it is many times better than any other recorder. It will only export to mp4, I think, but the added frame rate is well worth the format restriction. So, if you have an Nvidia video card that is GTX650 or higher, I think, then you'll be able to install Geforce Experience and use the ShadowPlay feature.

Shadowplay doesn't slow down my PC either mainly because all the preferences are "greyed out" so I can't even test it. I use FRAPS which with my current system I have no issues although the files are LARGE. Eveyone seems to be touting Shadowplay but a google shows there are a lot of people like me that can't get it to authorize. Tried all the "solutions" from google searchs but nothing working so far. Did you have that problem? Does SL have to be running before you can use shadowplay? I tried that too. I'm guessing I might have a service disabled that it needs?

regards

Ormand