Jump to content
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2393 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts


Drake1 Nightfire wrote:


Stefanosje Sellers wrote:


Madelaine McMasters wrote:


Sassy Romano wrote:

You should point then at that ToS section and ask them to point out which bit they feel you are in breach of.

 

Or you could just tell them that they are "talking out of their arse"

 

Pick one of the above, both work.

For maximum effect, Stefanosje could tell them he's going to photograph them talking out of their arse.

That'll show 'em!

ON POINT! Hahahahaha. Chuckled. On a serious note though. I do respect their point of view, just their approach is wrong and if they are so paranoïd about appearing in pictures, they need to consider finding a more secluded/private club.
It's like taking a **bleep** in the park and complaining that people are looking at your naked butthole.

Ah so it's the fault of the scanitliy clad women you are perving and taking pictures of. Got it. You strike me as that creepy guy at the playground with no kids but a zoom lens camera.

So now exploring the grid and taking pictures of avatars on the fly is categorized as "perving"? I'm not sure how you're comparing a playground with no kids to a moderate content club. I find your reply very shallow and odd.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Drake1 Nightfire wrote: Stefanosje Sellers wrote: Monti Messmer wrote: According to the second part, i wouldn´t say you can use their names and the part of "recognizable", even without the n

You should point then at that ToS section and ask them to point out which bit they feel you are in breach of.   Or you could just tell them that they are "talking out of their arse"   Pick one o

Contact the owner of the club and ask what is their opinion about you posting photos taken in their club? Be smart and point to the fact that your photos could be a promotion to their venue (even if y


Madelaine McMasters wrote:

(b) Avatar Consent for Machinima

For machinima, you must have the consent of all Residents whose avatars or Second Life names are featured or recognizable in the machinima. This includes avatars who are featured in a shot, avatars whose names are legible, and avatars whose appearance is sufficiently distinctive that they are recognizable by members of the Second Life community. Consent is not required if an avatar is not recognizable and is merely part of a crowd scene or shown in a fleeting background.
Consent is not required for any snapshots.

 

That sorta says "it is ok to take pictures of people", doesn't it?

It does.

No where in the Snapshot and Machinima policy does it say it is ok to take pictures of people. It specifially states 3D content which is defined as “3D content means any objects, primitives, or other creative works or works of authorship that are three dimensional." - An avatar is a 3D object, and thus classed 3D content. Meaning Drake's arguments are only proofing my point.

Link to post
Share on other sites


Stefanosje Sellers wrote:


Drake1 Nightfire wrote:


Stefanosje Sellers wrote:


Madelaine McMasters wrote:


Sassy Romano wrote:

You should point then at that ToS section and ask them to point out which bit they feel you are in breach of.

 

Or you could just tell them that they are "talking out of their arse"

 

Pick one of the above, both work.

For maximum effect, Stefanosje could tell them he's going to photograph them talking out of their arse.

That'll show 'em!

ON POINT! Hahahahaha. Chuckled. On a serious note though. I do respect their point of view, just their approach is wrong and if they are so paranoïd about appearing in pictures, they need to consider finding a more secluded/private club.
It's like taking a **bleep** in the park and complaining that people are looking at your naked butthole.

Ah so it's the fault of the scanitliy clad women you are perving and taking pictures of. Got it. You strike me as that creepy guy at the playground with no kids but a zoom lens camera.

So now exploring the grid and taking pictures of avatars on the fly is categorized as "perving"? I'm not sure how you're comparing a playground with no kids to a moderate content club. I find your reply very shallow and odd.

Let me see if i can phrase it better for you. The crepy guy who has no kids  that is at a playground full of kids with a zoom lens camera.  And yes, taking pictures of random scantily clad women is perving. Picture yourself in a RL club, would they allow cameras inside? Would anyone want you wandering the dancefloor snapping pictures?

Link to post
Share on other sites


Drake1 Nightfire wrote:


Stefanosje Sellers wrote:


Drake1 Nightfire wrote:


Stefanosje Sellers wrote:


Madelaine McMasters wrote:


Sassy Romano wrote:

You should point then at that ToS section and ask them to point out which bit they feel you are in breach of.

 

Or you could just tell them that they are "talking out of their arse"

 

Pick one of the above, both work.

For maximum effect, Stefanosje could tell them he's going to photograph them talking out of their arse.

That'll show 'em!

ON POINT! Hahahahaha. Chuckled. On a serious note though. I do respect their point of view, just their approach is wrong and if they are so paranoïd about appearing in pictures, they need to consider finding a more secluded/private club.
It's like taking a **bleep** in the park and complaining that people are looking at your naked butthole.

Ah so it's the fault of the scanitliy clad women you are perving and taking pictures of. Got it. You strike me as that creepy guy at the playground with no kids but a zoom lens camera.

So now exploring the grid and taking pictures of avatars on the fly is categorized as "perving"? I'm not sure how you're comparing a playground with no kids to a moderate content club. I find your reply very shallow and odd.

Let me see if i can phrase it better for you. The crepy guy who has no kids  that is at a playground full of kids with a zoom lens camera.  And yes, taking pictures of random scantily clad women is perving.
Picture yourself in a RL club, would they allow cameras inside? Would anyone want you wandering the dancefloor snapping pictures?

I've been in a ton of clubs in real life where I've snapped pictures, usually of my group of friends dancing/drinking/making right fools of themselves. Random strangers may have also been caught in my photographing frenzy, but no one has yet objected (so far).

And am I a creepy gal, because I am childless and took this short film in my home town a couple of years ago? (What do you see?)

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites


Marigold Devin wrote:


Drake1 Nightfire wrote:


Stefanosje Sellers wrote:


Drake1 Nightfire wrote:


Stefanosje Sellers wrote:


Madelaine McMasters wrote:


Sassy Romano wrote:

You should point then at that ToS section and ask them to point out which bit they feel you are in breach of.

 

Or you could just tell them that they are "talking out of their arse"

 

Pick one of the above, both work.

For maximum effect, Stefanosje could tell them he's going to photograph them talking out of their arse.

That'll show 'em!

ON POINT! Hahahahaha. Chuckled. On a serious note though. I do respect their point of view, just their approach is wrong and if they are so paranoïd about appearing in pictures, they need to consider finding a more secluded/private club.
It's like taking a **bleep** in the park and complaining that people are looking at your naked butthole.

Ah so it's the fault of the scanitliy clad women you are perving and taking pictures of. Got it. You strike me as that creepy guy at the playground with no kids but a zoom lens camera.

So now exploring the grid and taking pictures of avatars on the fly is categorized as "perving"? I'm not sure how you're comparing a playground with no kids to a moderate content club. I find your reply very shallow and odd.

Let me see if i can phrase it better for you. The creepy guy who has no kids  that is at a playground full of kids with a zoom lens camera.  And yes, taking pictures of random scantily clad women is perving.
Picture yourself in a RL club, would they allow cameras inside? Would anyone want you wandering the dancefloor snapping pictures?

I've been in a ton of clubs in real life where I've snapped pictures, usually of my group of friends dancing/drinking/making right fools of themselves. Random strangers may have also been caught in my photographing frenzy, but no one has yet objected (so far).

And am I a creepy gal, because I am childless and took this short film in my home town a couple of years ago? (What do you see?)

 

 

So, you are going to equate taking pictures of your close friends to taking closeups of Random strangers? You notice he never asks them if they want their picture taken. There is no way to tell, if you have silent snap shot on, that anyone took a picture.

And no, you took a video of a show. Totally different from someone taking pictures of random children.

Link to post
Share on other sites


Drake1 Nightfire wrote:


Marigold Devin wrote:


Drake1 Nightfire wrote:


Stefanosje Sellers wrote:


Drake1 Nightfire wrote:


Stefanosje Sellers wrote:


Madelaine McMasters wrote:


Sassy Romano wrote:

You should point then at that ToS section and ask them to point out which bit they feel you are in breach of.

 

Or you could just tell them that they are "talking out of their arse"

 

Pick one of the above, both work.

For maximum effect, Stefanosje could tell them he's going to photograph them talking out of their arse.

That'll show 'em!

ON POINT! Hahahahaha. Chuckled. On a serious note though. I do respect their point of view, just their approach is wrong and if they are so paranoïd about appearing in pictures, they need to consider finding a more secluded/private club.
It's like taking a **bleep** in the park and complaining that people are looking at your naked butthole.

Ah so it's the fault of the scanitliy clad women you are perving and taking pictures of. Got it. You strike me as that creepy guy at the playground with no kids but a zoom lens camera.

So now exploring the grid and taking pictures of avatars on the fly is categorized as "perving"? I'm not sure how you're comparing a playground with no kids to a moderate content club. I find your reply very shallow and odd.

Let me see if i can phrase it better for you. The creepy guy who has no kids  that is at a playground full of kids with a zoom lens camera.  And yes, taking pictures of random scantily clad women is perving.
Picture yourself in a RL club, would they allow cameras inside? Would anyone want you wandering the dancefloor snapping pictures?

I've been in a ton of clubs in real life where I've snapped pictures, usually of my group of friends dancing/drinking/making right fools of themselves. Random strangers may have also been caught in my photographing frenzy, but no one has yet objected (so far).

And am I a creepy gal, because I am childless and took this short film in my home town a couple of years ago? (What do you see?)

 

 

So, you are going to equate taking pictures of your close friends to taking closeups of Random strangers? You notice he never asks them if they want their picture taken. There is no way to tell, if you have silent snap shot on, that anyone took a picture.

And no, you took a video of a show. Totally different from someone taking pictures of random children.

I also take closeups of random strangers - in real or in Second Life - if they look interesting enough. They look to me like they are begging to be noticed anyway.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/42317687@N07/sets/72157625631047521/

 

And it looks like the OP and I are not alone in our "hobby"

https://www.flickr.com/groups/936226@N21/

https://www.flickr.com/groups/900285@N22/

https://www.flickr.com/groups/2150666@N24/pool/with/8473004163/#photo_8473004163

 

I really don't know where people get off being so precious about someone capturing them on virtual film in a virtual world.  I think Sassy put it best.

 

And going back to the short video I took of the Punch and Judy Show at The Beach, it was pointed out to me that I looked like I had followed one particular little boy as my camera panned around the whole beach scene.  It was totally unconscious on my part.  But if I had been a single childless male, rather than a single childless female, taking that film, and zooming in etc., would that have made me more of a perv? 

People see what they want to see, do you see?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites


Marigold Devin wrote:


Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

 



So, you are going to equate taking pictures of your close friends to taking closeups of Random strangers? You notice he never asks them if they want their picture taken. There is no way to tell, if you have silent snap shot on, that anyone took a picture.

And no, you took a video of a show. Totally different from someone taking pictures of random children.

I also take closeups of random strangers - in real or in Second Life - if they look interesting enough.
They look to me like they are begging to be noticed anyway.

 

And it looks like the OP and I are not alone in our "hobby"

 

I really don't know where people get off being so precious about someone capturing them on virtual film in a virtual world.  I think Sassy put it best.

 
What gives you or anyone else the right to judge anyone's look in SL?

And going back to the short video I took of the Punch and Judy Show at The Beach, it was pointed out to me that I looked like I had followed one particular little boy as my camera panned around the whole beach scene.  It was totally unconscious on my part.  But if I had been a single childless male, rather than a single childless female, taking that film, and zooming in etc., would that have made me more of a perv? 

People see what they want to see, do you see?

 

 

Begging to be noticed... Wow. That sounds vaguely familiar.. I know I have heard that before. Something about attire and asking for it.. Nice choice of words. So much for being who you want to be without judgement huh?

Link to post
Share on other sites


Drake1 Nightfire wrote:


Marigold Devin wrote:


Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

 



So, you are going to equate taking pictures of your close friends to taking closeups of Random strangers? You notice he never asks them if they want their picture taken. There is no way to tell, if you have silent snap shot on, that anyone took a picture.

And no, you took a video of a show. Totally different from someone taking pictures of random children.

I also take closeups of random strangers - in real or in Second Life - if they look interesting enough.
They look to me like they are begging to be noticed anyway.

 

And it looks like the OP and I are not alone in our "hobby"

 

I really don't know where people get off being so precious about someone capturing them on virtual film in a virtual world.  I think Sassy put it best.

 
What gives you or anyone else the right to judge anyone's look in SL?

And going back to the short video I took of the Punch and Judy Show at The Beach, it was pointed out to me that I looked like I had followed one particular little boy as my camera panned around the whole beach scene.  It was totally unconscious on my part.  But if I had been a single childless male, rather than a single childless female, taking that film, and zooming in etc., would that have made me more of a perv? 

People see what they want to see, do you see?

 

 

Begging to be noticed... Wow. That sounds vaguely familiar.. I know I have heard that before. Something about attire and asking for it.. Nice choice of words. So much for being who you want to be without judgement huh?

B*ll*cks, Drake.

Judgement can sound like such a negative word.

And a cat may look at a king - and photograph them if they so wish!

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites


Marigold Devin wrote:


Drake1 Nightfire wrote:


Marigold Devin wrote:


Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

 



So, you are going to equate taking pictures of your close friends to taking closeups of Random strangers? You notice he never asks them if they want their picture taken. There is no way to tell, if you have silent snap shot on, that anyone took a picture.

And no, you took a video of a show. Totally different from someone taking pictures of random children.

I also take closeups of random strangers - in real or in Second Life - if they look interesting enough.
They look to me like they are begging to be noticed anyway.

 

And it looks like the OP and I are not alone in our "hobby"

 

I really don't know where people get off being so precious about someone capturing them on virtual film in a virtual world.  I think Sassy put it best.

 
What gives you or anyone else the right to judge anyone's look in SL?

And going back to the short video I took of the Punch and Judy Show at The Beach, it was pointed out to me that I looked like I had followed one particular little boy as my camera panned around the whole beach scene.  It was totally unconscious on my part.  But if I had been a single childless male, rather than a single childless female, taking that film, and zooming in etc., would that have made me more of a perv? 

People see what they want to see, do you see?

 

 

Begging to be noticed... Wow. That sounds vaguely familiar.. I know I have heard that before. Something about attire and asking for it.. Nice choice of words. So much for being who you want to be without judgement huh?

B*ll*cks, Drake.

Judgement can sound like such a negative word.

And a cat may look at a king - and photograph them if they so wish!

 

 

Thank heavens there are people who wander around taking photographs of other people...

http://www.vivianmaier.com

I imagine the vast majority of folks who do so are not pervs. I've got a friend who does it from kites.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites


Stefanosje Sellers wrote:

 

Anyways to get to my question: lately I have been receiving multiple threats and warrants, with the demand I take their avatars pictures down. The threats include destroying my business, IRL lawsuits and what not.

For the benefit of those drama queens we need a new feature in SL.

Non de-render box.jpg

Naturally the permission to de-render the box would cost - let's say 500 L$.

:smileyvery-happy:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites


Coby Foden wrote:


Stefanosje Sellers wrote:

 

Anyways to get to my question: lately I have been receiving multiple threats and warrants, with the demand I take their avatars pictures down. The threats include destroying my business, IRL lawsuits and what not.

For the benefit of those drama queens we need a new feature in SL.

Non de-render box.jpg

Naturally the permission to de-render the box would cost - let's say 500 L$.

:smileyvery-happy:

LOL! Very tempted to send them this box as a gift using Marketplace. That was a very much needed giggle.

Link to post
Share on other sites


Madelaine McMasters wrote:


Marigold Devin wrote:


Drake1 Nightfire wrote:


Marigold Devin wrote:


Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

 



So, you are going to equate taking pictures of your close friends to taking closeups of Random strangers? You notice he never asks them if they want their picture taken. There is no way to tell, if you have silent snap shot on, that anyone took a picture.

And no, you took a video of a show. Totally different from someone taking pictures of random children.

I also take closeups of random strangers - in real or in Second Life - if they look interesting enough.
They look to me like they are begging to be noticed anyway.

 

And it looks like the OP and I are not alone in our "hobby"

 

I really don't know where people get off being so precious about someone capturing them on virtual film in a virtual world.  I think Sassy put it best.

 
What gives you or anyone else the right to judge anyone's look in SL?

And going back to the short video I took of the Punch and Judy Show at The Beach, it was pointed out to me that I looked like I had followed one particular little boy as my camera panned around the whole beach scene.  It was totally unconscious on my part.  But if I had been a single childless male, rather than a single childless female, taking that film, and zooming in etc., would that have made me more of a perv? 

People see what they want to see, do you see?

 

 

Begging to be noticed... Wow. That sounds vaguely familiar.. I know I have heard that before. Something about attire and asking for it.. Nice choice of words. So much for being who you want to be without judgement huh?

B*ll*cks, Drake.

Judgement can sound like such a negative word.

And a cat may look at a king - and photograph them if they so wish!

 

 

Thank heavens there are people who wander around taking photographs of other people...

I imagine the vast majority of folks who do so are not pervs. I've got a friend who does it from kites.

I think Drake was thinking more of someone like Miroslav Tichý.

But really I'm quite surprised.  I would have expected a comment like that, equating this with a "child perv," to have been more likely to come from someone like Thomas Galbreus and not from someone who thinks it is morally acceptable to use a woman as a sex toy.

This whole 'right not to be photographed / it's a violation of my privacy' thing has grown way out of hand.

There is a growing concern among historians that we wont have the photo-historical records in the future that we all enjoy so much when we browse photos from the 20's and the 30's and the 40's etc, etc, etc.

As a street photographer myself I would love to be able to photograph children playing in a park.  But there is just so much fear out there.  It has gotten out of hand.

Link to post
Share on other sites


Perrie Juran wrote:


Madelaine McMasters wrote:


Marigold Devin wrote:


Drake1 Nightfire wrote:


Marigold Devin wrote:


Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

 



So, you are going to equate taking pictures of your close friends to taking closeups of Random strangers? You notice he never asks them if they want their picture taken. There is no way to tell, if you have silent snap shot on, that anyone took a picture.

And no, you took a video of a show. Totally different from someone taking pictures of random children.

I also take closeups of random strangers - in real or in Second Life - if they look interesting enough.
They look to me like they are begging to be noticed anyway.

 

And it looks like the OP and I are not alone in our "hobby"

 

I really don't know where people get off being so precious about someone capturing them on virtual film in a virtual world.  I think Sassy put it best.

 
What gives you or anyone else the right to judge anyone's look in SL?

And going back to the short video I took of the Punch and Judy Show at The Beach, it was pointed out to me that I looked like I had followed one particular little boy as my camera panned around the whole beach scene.  It was totally unconscious on my part.  But if I had been a single childless male, rather than a single childless female, taking that film, and zooming in etc., would that have made me more of a perv? 

People see what they want to see, do you see?

 

 

Begging to be noticed... Wow. That sounds vaguely familiar.. I know I have heard that before. Something about attire and asking for it.. Nice choice of words. So much for being who you want to be without judgement huh?

B*ll*cks, Drake.

Judgement can sound like such a negative word.

And a cat may look at a king - and photograph them if they so wish!

 

 

Thank heavens there are people who wander around taking photographs of other people...

I imagine the vast majority of folks who do so are not pervs. I've got a friend who does it from kites.

I think Drake was thinking more of someone like
.

But really I'm quite surprised.  I would have expected a comment like that, equating this with a "child perv," to have been more likely to come from someone like
Thomas Galbreus
and not from someone who thinks it is morally acceptable to use a woman as a sex toy.

This whole 'right not to be photographed / it's a violation of my privacy' thing has grown way out of hand.

There is a growing concern among historians that we wont have the photo-historical records in the future that we all enjoy so much when we browse photos from the 20's and the 30's and the 40's etc, etc, etc.

As a street photographer myself I would love to be able to photograph children playing in a park.  But there is just so much fear out there.  It has gotten out of hand.

Perrie, you have shown time and time again you have zero knowledge as to what BD/SM is about. Leave my private life out of this.

Link to post
Share on other sites


Drake1 Nightfire wrote:


Perrie Juran wrote:


Madelaine McMasters wrote:


Marigold Devin wrote:


Drake1 Nightfire wrote:


Marigold Devin wrote:


Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

 



So, you are going to equate taking pictures of your close friends to taking closeups of Random strangers? You notice he never asks them if they want their picture taken. There is no way to tell, if you have silent snap shot on, that anyone took a picture.

And no, you took a video of a show. Totally different from someone taking pictures of random children.

I also take closeups of random strangers - in real or in Second Life - if they look interesting enough.
They look to me like they are begging to be noticed anyway.

 

And it looks like the OP and I are not alone in our "hobby"

 

I really don't know where people get off being so precious about someone capturing them on virtual film in a virtual world.  I think Sassy put it best.

 
What gives you or anyone else the right to judge anyone's look in SL?

And going back to the short video I took of the Punch and Judy Show at The Beach, it was pointed out to me that I looked like I had followed one particular little boy as my camera panned around the whole beach scene.  It was totally unconscious on my part.  But if I had been a single childless male, rather than a single childless female, taking that film, and zooming in etc., would that have made me more of a perv? 

People see what they want to see, do you see?

 

 

Begging to be noticed... Wow. That sounds vaguely familiar.. I know I have heard that before. Something about attire and asking for it.. Nice choice of words. So much for being who you want to be without judgement huh?

B*ll*cks, Drake.

Judgement can sound like such a negative word.

And a cat may look at a king - and photograph them if they so wish!

 

 

Thank heavens there are people who wander around taking photographs of other people...

I imagine the vast majority of folks who do so are not pervs. I've got a friend who does it from kites.

I think Drake was thinking more of someone like
.

But really I'm quite surprised.  I would have expected a comment like that, equating this with a "child perv," to have been more likely to come from someone like
Thomas Galbreus
and not from someone who thinks it is morally acceptable to use a woman as a sex toy.

This whole 'right not to be photographed / it's a violation of my privacy' thing has grown way out of hand.

There is a growing concern among historians that we wont have the photo-historical records in the future that we all enjoy so much when we browse photos from the 20's and the 30's and the 40's etc, etc, etc.

As a street photographer myself I would love to be able to photograph children playing in a park.  But there is just so much fear out there.  It has gotten out of hand.

Perrie, you have shown time and time again you have zero knowledge as to what BD/SM is about. Leave my private life out of this.

Everything I know I've learned from people like you.  :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have never nor will I ever treat a woman like a sex toy, nor have I ever implied I do. I do not appreciate your Libelous statements. You are just showing how shallow and ignorant you really are. I used to respect you. Now, I have nothing but contempt for you. Bringing nasty comments from a thread that was allowed to die is low. Something I would never have expected from you.

Link to post
Share on other sites


Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

I have never nor will I ever treat a woman like a sex toy, nor have I ever implied I do. I do not appreciate your Libelous statements. You are just showing how shallow and ignorant you really are. I used to respect you. Now, I have nothing but contempt for you. Bringing nasty comments from a thread that was allowed to die is low. Something I would never have expected from you.

Well, I wasn't going to say anything else but I will answer this.  After which I will probably have no more to say on this.

True, you never said that you did treat women this way, however your comments about it are there for anyone to read and decide for themselves.  If an impartial jury were to say to me that I was wrong in my assessment from that Thread that you condoned such activity I would accept that judgement.  Unless you yourself are willing to step forward now and say that you don't condone it. In which case you would have my sincerest and humble apologies.

But regardless, you stepped into this thread and slandered the OP, comparing them to a child perv.  And yet somehow it's ok that you did that but what I said wasn't?  Maybe we are comparing apples and oranges here, that could very well be so, but I myself am not sure.  Quite frankly from what I can see child perversion was the furthest thing from the OP's mind.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no history nor relationship to child perversion. This was an upmost cheapshot comparison that is wrong from the core: photographing subjects whom voluntarily visit adult events that allow photography (whom are age verified by the way), is worlds apart from sneaking pictures of children whom are unaware of it and underage. What the F is wrong with you?

Link to post
Share on other sites


Stefanosje Sellers wrote:

I have no history nor relationship to child perversion. This was an upmost cheapshot comparison that is wrong from the core: photographing subjects whom voluntarily visit adult events that allow photography (whom are age verified by the way), is worlds apart from sneaking pictures of children whom are unaware of it and underage. What the F is wrong with you?

Was this post (and question) meant for me or for Drake?

I've never equated what you do with sneaking pictures of children.

Link to post
Share on other sites


Stefanosje Sellers wrote:

At Drake. His comments grow sickening by the minute.

Thanks.

But back to the subject at hand maybe LL needs to make it clearer to people that their digital self i ssubjevt to being "Photographed" in SL.

I got to thinking how funny people's thinking can be on this.  For instance people go to sporting events and find their faces splashed on public television.  While some may get embarrassed by this many people actually hope that they will be the one caught on camera.  It would be fun to hear the publics reaction if someone were to try and claim it was an invasion of their privacy.

Still, to be keep themselves safe, sporting events include language like this on their tickets and in ALL CAPS too:

"THE YANKEES, THE PARTICIPATING CLUB, MLB PROPERTIES, INC., MLB ENTERPRISES, INC. AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS AND LICENSEES SHALL HAVE THE UNRESTRICTED RIGHT AND/OR LICENSE TO USE THE BEARER'S VOICE, IMAGE OR LIKENESS , INDIVIDUALLY OR AS PART OF A CROWD, SHOT WITH OR WITHOUT OTHER ATTENDEES OF THE GAME AND THAT SUCH BEARER'S VOICE, IMAGE OR LIKENESS MAY BE INCLUDED IN ANY FOOTAGE, PHOTOGRAPH, POSTER, ADVERTISEMENT OR RECORDING OF THE GAME."

Ticket Terms 9(g)©

Unless there is already language like this in LL's Terms, perhaps they need to add something similar.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to reply generally to this snapshots issue. As an example, I explore SL a lot; I take plenty of snapshots of the sceneries, and sometimes of the interesting people too. If they are for all to see in public places then I feel free to include them into the snapshots if I so choose. Naturally I don't take snapshots, nor even peep in, when the avatar's are in their private places doing their whatever private things.

Like in these two recent snapshots:

NewsFlash-HelpIslandPublic.jpg

I didn't ask anybody's permission can I include them in the snapshots. I didn't tell anybody at all that I took the snapshots. And naturally I didn't ask anybody can I post the snapshots here.


Because:
http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official__Snapshot_and_machinima_policy

As long as you comply with the terms and conditions below, both Linden Lab and the Residents of Second Life (collectively, “we”) grant you the following copyright licenses:

  1. A License To Capture. You may take snapshots and capture machinima of the 3D content we created that is displayed in-world, and
  2. A License To Use. You may use the resulting snapshot or machinima within or outside of Second Life in any current or future media.

..and..

b) Avatar Consent for Machinima
Consent is not required for any snapshots.


Well, about Help Island Public. Nowadays it is mostly a hangout and chatting place for oldbies. Often these avatars look really good and well dressed. What a big change from the early days! There are occasional exceptions though. Sometimes a newbie might drop by, but they are rare in this place.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites


Coby Foden wrote:

Just to reply generally to this snapshots issue. As an example, I explore SL a lot; I take plenty of snapshots of the sceneries, and sometimes of the interesting people too. If they are for all to see in public places then I feel free to include them into the snapshots if I so choose. Naturally I don't take snapshots, nor even peep in, when the avatar's are in their private places doing their whatever private things.

Like in these two recent snapshots:

NewsFlash-HelpIslandPublic.jpg

I didn't ask anybody's permission can I include them in the snapshots. I didn't tell anybody at all that I took the snapshots. And naturally I didn't ask anybody can I post the snapshots here.

 

Because:

As long as you comply with the
below, both Linden Lab and the Residents of Second Life (collectively, “we”) grant you the following copyright licenses:
  1. A License To Capture.
    You may take snapshots and capture machinima of the 3D content we created that is displayed in-world, and
  2. A License To Use.
    You may use the resulting snapshot or machinima within or outside of Second Life in any current or future media.

..and..

b) Avatar Consent for Machinima

Consent is not required for any snapshots.

 

Well, about
Help Island Public
. Nowadays it is mostly a hangout and chatting place for oldbies. Often these avatars look really good and well dressed. What a big change from the early days! There are occasional exceptions though. Sometimes a newbie might drop by, but they are rare in this place.

I had to stop a minute and think when I read "...the Residents...grant..."

I'd forgotten all about  http://lindenlab.com/tos#tos2

2.5 You also grant Linden Lab and other users of the Service a license to use in snapshots and machinima your Content that is displayed In-World in publicly accessible areas of the Service.

You agree that by uploading, publishing, or submitting any Content to or through the Servers for display Inworld in any publicly accessible area of the Service, you hereby grant other users a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, sublicenseable and transferable license to photograph, capture an image of, film, and record a video of the Content, and to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the resulting photograph, image, film, or video in any current or future media as provided in and subject to the restrictions and requirements of our Snapshot and Machinima Policy. The foregoing license is referred to as the "Snapshot and Machinima Content License."

 

Yep, we granted it when we agreed.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

That's quite a witch hunt you're on, Drake. I think you've placed yourself at a disadvantage though, by shooting yourself in the foot with the Blunderbuss of Hypocrisy. You cast unfounded aspersions at Stefanosje and then turn around and complain when you think a little Martian has tossed one at you. That's the kind of whining we've come to expect from the back seat on long road trips.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2393 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...