Posing "Couples" Remotely; is it possible?

Homer Hanly

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5042 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi... I'm hoping someone out there can help me. I can't find any device, hud, script, magic wand, or anything else for that matter that allows me to remotely pose multiple avatars such as couples when it involves multiple posing scripts. I know Huddles, PhotoAsistant(?), etc can pose multiple avi's simultaneously using individual poses but nothing that poses them "together". This is a annoying problem since many locations are "no build".  I have searched and researched but I haven't found any info let alone a device to this. I figure I'm looking in the wrong places since this would seem to me a problem that would have been addressed years ago. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks All,

Homer

3 answers to this question

You won't find anything that works in a no-build zone because you need something to anchor the avatars in relation to each other. There are couples animation things for huds for hugging and stuff - but you need to line up on each other and they still never quite line up right. But it's good for a casual hug kinda thing. It'd never work for photography.

So - no. You'll need something like MLP or nPose to do couples together and you'll need to do it on a spot where you can rez something that'll anchor them in relation to one another if you want to have any hope that they will line up properly.

If you look around SL and Xstreet you will see things called "Sex HUDS" - they are basically an MLP (usually MLPv2 - which is free if you look around a bit) that is worn as a HUD. Basically it rezzes two balls that two people can sit on. You don't need to script to use it - you need to position the balls and it'll spit out some stuff into chat that you will then paste into notecards to record the positions. You can even stick in props (like a bench or whatever) and record the position for that, too.

I'm not sure why all the ones available are sexually oriented (other than the simple fact that sex sells). I don't see a reason why one that did other poses wouldn't sell. The photographer could wear the hud, rez the balls and step back a bit - two people could get on, and the photographer could control the poses (and optional props) and snap away.

So, while it's not possible to do it in a no-rez zone - it is possible to do. And I think that in many cases, if you were to talk to a landowner and say, "I would like to take some pictures at your place for such and such and I'll give you some copies - could have have build permissions here for a day or two?" that many would invite you into the group with rez rights and then boot you out when you're done with the project. No build land is more about the "I don't want to clean up after strangers" thing more than it is the "I don't want people to have any fun here!" thing. ;-)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5042 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.