Sign in to follow this  
Homer Hanly

Posing "Couples" Remotely; is it possible?

Question

You won't find anything that works in a no-build zone because you need something to anchor the avatars in relation to each other. There are couples animation things for huds for hugging and stuff - but you need to line up on each other and they still never quite line up right. But it's good for a casual hug kinda thing. It'd never work for photography.

So - no. You'll need something like MLP or nPose to do couples together and you'll need to do it on a spot where you can rez something that'll anchor them in relation to one another if you want to have any hope that they will line up properly.

3 answers to this question

You won't find anything that works in a no-build zone because you need something to anchor the avatars in relation to each other. There are couples animation things for huds for hugging and stuff - but you need to line up on each other and they still never quite line up right. But it's good for a casual hug kinda thing. It'd never work for photography.

So - no. You'll need something like MLP or nPose to do couples together and you'll need to do it on a spot where you can rez something that'll anchor them in relation to one another if you want to have any hope that they will line up properly.

Thanks Rygel...I figured as much but it was worth a shot. Too bad I don't have the know how to write a script for that..i'd be raking in the $L...HAHA!!!

If you look around SL and Xstreet you will see things called "Sex HUDS" - they are basically an MLP (usually MLPv2 - which is free if you look around a bit) that is worn as a HUD. Basically it rezzes two balls that two people can sit on. You don't need to script to use it - you need to position the balls and it'll spit out some stuff into chat that you will then paste into notecards to record the positions. You can even stick in props (like a bench or whatever) and record the position for that, too.

I'm not sure why all the ones available are sexually oriented (other than the simple fact that sex sells). I don't see a reason why one that did other poses wouldn't sell. The photographer could wear the hud, rez the balls and step back a bit - two people could get on, and the photographer could control the poses (and optional props) and snap away.

So, while it's not possible to do it in a no-rez zone - it is possible to do. And I think that in many cases, if you were to talk to a landowner and say, "I would like to take some pictures at your place for such and such and I'll give you some copies - could have have build permissions here for a day or two?" that many would invite you into the group with rez rights and then boot you out when you're done with the project. No build land is more about the "I don't want to clean up after strangers" thing more than it is the "I don't want people to have any fun here!" thing. ;-)