How can I measure my lot's dimensions?

TheMistressLilith

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3539 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

If a lot looks perfectly square I wouldn't need to ask, but how to you measure the width of an irregular or a long skinny rectangle? I want to buy a structure that would fit on the size if it's square but I think it's too rectangular and I'd have overhang.

Is there a measuring tape app I can drag and drop to lot lines? (I'm such a noob....lol!)

I've read forums and all the land info pages etc and can't seem to figure this out. Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

3 answers to this question

There are all kinds of measuring tools available, but there is an easy and free way.

Turn on View Property Lines under World.  Rez a cube on one edge of your parcel by right clicking the ground.  Choose CREATE and click it again. Stretch it by checking STRETCH in the Edit box, colored boxes will appear, just click and drag them one at a time the length and width of your lot.  Go to the Edit tools box by right clicking and choosing Edit, then go to the Object Tab and see what the measurement is under Size.  You want to look at the X and Y measurements. 

• Like 3

You don't even need the measuring prim!

Turn on World/Show More/Property Lines.  You'll see that the borders of your land are outlined, and there are "tick marks" every few meters.  These tick marks are 4m apart.  (The smallest possible parcel of land is 4mx4m, or 16 square meters.)  All you have to do is count the tick marks and multiply by 4 to get the dimension!

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3539 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.