I would like to submit a report on someone representing Lindin Labs.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3543 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Long story short, I'm just trying to help my little brother get his password reset for his account.  He is a minor, and in the USA, anyone under the age of 18 IS STILL CONCIDERED A MINOR!

The person I spoke with was trying at first, but then became incredibly rude to me.  Unable to provide me about information in the TOS on Age Restriction, something I had to look up myself, he had misinformed me about the age restriction,.  I wanted to report to his supervisor about this and how his behavior had changed.

Only for him to "tell" me that a supervisor is not avalible at the time.

So I demanded a number to reach a supervisor on, as well as a name for the said Super Visor.

He refused, being incredibly rude to me this whole time.  Finally giving me a number that when called would call a cosmetic's shop in MA;

http://www.yelp.com/biz/iredale-mineral-cosmetics-great-barrington-3

AS WELL AS a fake Lindin Lab's Screen Name;

Govenor Lindin

I know by LAW, that as my brother's guardian, I am allowed access to his accounts, including but not limited to, 'PASSWORD RESETTING".

The guy had misinformed/lied about the TOS, then lied about the number AND name that was given out!

He did not provide an employee number and "claims" that he does not have an SL account that I could have used to report him with instead.

Right now, I would like a REAL phone number that would lead me to a supervisor for Lindin Labs, as well as the Supervisor's FIRST NAME (The law in the US prohibits customer support to give out their last name)

I hope someone who works with Lindin Labs sees this and contacts me n SL about how to report STAFF OF LL for rude, lying, misinformed, and abuse on their customers.

Foxy Kimono wrote:

Long story short, I'm just trying to help my little brother get his password reset for his account.  He is a minor, and in the USA, anyone under the age of 18 IS STILL CONCIDERED A MINOR!

I'm not sure what you mean about resetting the password but as far as I know, LL's routines there are more or less the same as any other internet company:

• If you have the exisitng password and just need to change it, just log on to the website, click on "Account" in the left column and then on "Change password".
  • If your brother has forgotten his password, go to the website, click on "Log on" and "Forgot password" (or whatever they call it) and enter either username or email address.
  • If you don't have access to the email address associated with the account either, you have a problem. Obviously you'll need to provide some kind of proof that you have the right to access the account. I have no idea how you can do that (and I'm not surprised if the Linden Support person wouldn't know either) but you can be sure it'll take a lot of real world paperwork and time. Are you really, really sure it's worth it? Seems to me it'd be much easier to simply open a new account and forget the old one. Come to think of it, that's what I did myself when I returned to SL after so many years.

The person I spoke with was trying at first, but then became incredibly rude to me.  Unable to provide me about information in the TOS on Age Restriction, something I had to look up myself, he had misinformed me about the age restriction,.  I wanted to report to his supervisor about this and how his behavior had changed.

That's a bit surprising. From context I assume it was the live chat support you used and I've always found the people there extremely polite and helpful even on the occasions (and yes there've been a few) when I've been rather rude myself.

If you want to file a complaint, you could simply try to open a support case:

https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/

No matter how you contacted LL, the entire conversation will be logged so there should be plenty of documentation fo what happened during the talk. I strongly suggest you create two completelely separate cases, one aout resetting your borther's account, another about your experience with LL Support.

Foxy Kimono wrote:

So I demanded a number to reach a supervisor on, as well as a name for the said Super Visor.

He refused, being incredibly rude to me this whole time.  Finally giving me a number that when called would call a cosmetic's shop in MA;

Try the same number but with and San Francisco area code, cause that's where LL's HQ is.

Govenor Lindin

Governor Linden is not a fake username. It belongs to LL as an organisation rather than a specific person there. That is, it's the one you use if you want to contact them but don't know which person or department your case should go to. But, like all usernames, you have to make sure you spell it right. It's "Governor Linden", not "Govenor Lindin".

I know by LAW, that as my brother's guardian, I am allowed access to his accounts, including but not limited to, 'PASSWORD RESETTING".

That's fair enough but you have to give LL sufficient documentation before they can give you access to your brother's account. I'm not a lawyer so I can't tell you what is needed for that but we're certainly talking about some real life paperwork here, not just an online chat or a phone call.

The guy had misinformed/lied about the TOS,

For obvious reasons the Linden Support crew never ever provide specific information and comments about the TOS, apart from the URL where you can find and read it.

I hope someone who works with Lindin Labs sees this and contacts me n SL about how to report STAFF OF LL for rude, lying, misinformed, and abuse on their customers.

Not much chance of that. This is a user forum. LL employees do pop in here every now and then but you can't expect them to see this specific thread.

I am confused as to how you were talking to the person you are complaining about.  Unless you have concierge level service, you can't speak on the phone to a Linden.  And they don't have 'screen names' on the phone.

It doesn't sound to me like you spoke with a Linden at all.  You can only text chat with a support person through live chat, which is only available to premium members.  Support persons manning live chat are not Lindens and won't have Linden or Lindin as their last name.

All Linden's have a last name of Linden, not Lindin and do not use display names.  There is no avatar named Govenor Lindin.  If the person you spoke with was in world and was using the display name Govenor Lindin, then you should Abuse Report them through your viewer under Help.    There is a Govenor Linden but they are rarely seen and mostly only inworld to perform estate manager functions for the Mainland.  They would not have been able to reset your brother's password or provide support.   If they were not inworld, I have no idea who they were or how you contacted them.

As far as your brother, he must be at least 16 years old to have an account in SL, unless he registered through a school or other sponsoring organization's website.  If he did he had to be at least 13 years old and would be restricted to the sim owned by the organization.

To reset his password all he needs to do is click that he forgot it and it will be reset with the temporary password sent to the email address he gave LL for the account.  If he no longer has that email, he has to file a support ticket and explain the circumstances.  He will have to prove he is the account owner.  LL will tell him what they need to accomplish this.

Foxy Kimono wrote:

Only for him to "tell" me that a supervisor is not avalible at the time.

Govenor Lindin

The guy had misinformed/lied about the TOS, then lied about the number AND name that was given out!

He did not provide an employee number and "claims" that he does not have an SL account that I could have used to report him with instead.

Right now, I would like a REAL phone number that would lead me to a supervisor for Lindin Labs, as well as the Supervisor's FIRST NAME (The law in the US prohibits customer support to give out their last name)

1) Everytime I've used "live chat" I've gotten an E Mail asking me to rate my experience so you may want to check your E Mail.

2)  Even if you have the 'legal right' Linden Lab would need to see the proof.  I certainly hope that they wouldn't just take your word for it.

3)  Are you Splatulated's Sister?

Foxy Kimono wrote:

Please cite the relevant laws which give you this access. As far as I can tell, you do not have this right strictly through your status as a guardian, and there are laws forbidding internet services from giving out passwords to people other than the account holder without authorization.

Foxy Kimono wrote:

I'm curious - why can't your brother do this for himself? Anyone capable of using a Second Life account should certainly be able to reset his own password without "help."

I assume that the password owner is capable of changing it himself - and everyone that can use SL is capable.

Then there is only one reason the OP wants to change the password - to find out the password and/or have control about the account.

It's absolutely correct that LL does NOT hand out the PW.

The OP needs to get a court order. In most civilized countries that requires a serious reason other than "I'm the older sister and my brothers guardian".

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3543 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.