Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Splatulated

whats this i never saw it before

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2148 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

So your going to recognize that he is new, and then be a total ass hat to him about a question he has?

 

What a top notch guy.

 

EDIT: Also, I wish I could help, but I don't actually know D: Try right clicking it and going to Edit and seeing what it is named.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


LidoraJaka wrote:

So your going to recognize that he is new, and then be a total ass hat to him about a question he has?

 

What a top notch guy.

 

EDIT: Also, I wish I could help, but I don't actually know D: Try right clicking it and going to Edit and seeing what it is named.

Even if you give this person the right answer, he/she will ignore it. I'm going to guess you haven't read any of the other threads this person started, or participated in. 

It wouldn't really matter what kind of reply he/she got, it would still be wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


LidoraJaka wrote:

So your going to recognize that he is new, and then be a total ass hat to him about a question he has?

 

What a top notch guy.

 

EDIT: Also, I wish I could help, but I don't actually know D: Try right clicking it and going to Edit and seeing what it is named.

If you would bother to look at all of the other posts by her, they seem to feel the forums is their personal social site. Any questions that are answered are met with scorn and indefference. '

One of the best was essentially "How do i shrink my house?" When told it wasn't a good idea and why, and the advice was to take a few free classes on building she told me point blank they dont have the attention span for it. If you dont have the attention span to learn how to do something in SL how can anyone help?

I went to the sim she lives on to try and help.. Was met with indifference.

In the first week of their SL she pissed off her adoptive parents so bad they banned her.

157 posts in two weeks, that is some kind of record.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I help new residents all the time. This one, however, I'm done. She asks anything that pops into her head and then gets nasty when the asnwer doesnt suit her. She asks about stuff that a little bit of research on the wiki would have answered. She's obviously lazy or stupid since she'd rather come in here and ask inane questions for the fourm people to answer rather than look herself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Splatulated wrote:

 

 

Could be a simple decoration, but I think it looks like a HUD - maybe a weapons/shield device. I looked inside of my mentor once (when I was practicing my "alt" view skills) and found he had something similar embedded within his torso. Clicking on it did indeed reveal what it was, although then my mentor knew I was clicking on his avatar, and used the device to orbit me many thousands of metres into the skies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Kristin Burner wrote:

mew mew ma mew mewp :matte-motes-bashful-cute:

 

<snipped> their

 

FIFY

If you're going to bully someone, whether a oldbie pretending to be a newbie, or a newbie (especially a newbie), be careful you don't be throwing rocks when you also live in a glass house.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

157 posts in two weeks, that is some kind of record.


But, dear Drake1,

This isn't against the ToS is it?

And unless you are enjoying having a pop at someone in order to fill up your own time (which possibly could be seen as against ToS - bully a noob or showing intolerance, or inciting to flame, etc., etc. - could you just not be another one to glance at the OP's yet another post, tut out in real life, and just click on a different screen?

Couldn't ya? 

*****

@ everyone

Just reminding you we are supposed to be grown-ups here, and its not very nice when other people are using the forums/Answers to seek help, and they see this apparent bullying behaviour going on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Marigold Devin wrote:


Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

157 posts in two weeks, that is some kind of record.


But, dear Drake1,

This isn't against the ToS is it?

And unless you are enjoying having a pop at someone in order to fill up your own time (which possibly could be seen as against ToS - bully a noob or showing intolerance, or inciting to flame, etc., etc. - could you just not be another one to glance at the OP's yet another post, tut out in real life, and just click on a different screen?

Couldn't ya? 

*****

@ everyone

Just reminding you we are supposed to be grown-ups here, and its not very nice when other people are using the forums/Answers to seek help, and they see this apparent bullying behaviour going on.

Not bullying, showing intolerance or inciting to flame.. We have tried and tried to help them, even to the point of going to their home to help, just to be met with "i dont have the attention span to lern anything."

What i and several others are trying to do is to help, but when they refuse to listen to the help and keep asking new questions only to refuse to listen to the answers just to keep asking more questions. Do you see the round and round here?

People have suggested inworld help groups, building classes, and even YouTube. All of which was met with distain and indifference. And yet, they still ask and people try and help, with no acceptance of the answers.

And yes, it could be against the Community guidelines. Asking question after question after question in the general forums instead of the answers section could be seen as spam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Drake1 Nightfire wrote:


Marigold Devin wrote:


Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

157 posts in two weeks, that is some kind of record.


But, dear Drake1,

This isn't against the ToS is it?

And unless you are enjoying having a pop at someone in order to fill up your own time (which possibly could be seen as against ToS - bully a noob or showing intolerance, or inciting to flame, etc., etc. - could you just not be another one to glance at the OP's yet another post, tut out in real life, and just click on a different screen?

Couldn't ya? 

*****

@ everyone

Just reminding you we are supposed to be grown-ups here, and its not very nice when other people are using the forums/Answers to seek help, and they see this apparent bullying behaviour going on.

Not bullying, showing intolerance or inciting to flame.. We have tried and tried to help them, even to the point of going to their home to help, just to be met with "i dont have the attention span to lern anything."

What i and several others are trying to do is to help, but when they refuse to listen to the help and keep asking new questions only to refuse to listen to the answers just to keep asking more questions. Do you see the round and round here?

People have suggested inworld help groups, building classes, and even YouTube. All of which was met with distain and indifference. And yet, they still ask and people try and help, with no acceptance of the answers.

And yes, it could be against the Community guidelines. Asking question after question after question in the general forums instead of the answers section could be seen as spam.

It is coming across as bullying when there are several people in one thread making negative remarks to one person, who may or may not be newbie. 

Linden Lab are not seeing the OP's posts as spam.

Indeed there may be other people who come to these forums and want replies to similar questions, so it could be that the OP is providing some kind of service!

Nonetheless, the OP has discovered a great way of getting attention.  Everyone is so busy getting mardy about how their advice hasn't been taken by the OP, as if anyone should hang onto their every word.

At least this OP does keep returning.  How many of the one-time posters ever do return to even read the advice that is offered them? Have a think about that.

I shall suggest once more, to anyone who is finding this particular OP, or any other forum/answers poster who comes along, annoying, irritating, or intolerable, to find it in themselves to just ignore them instead of giving them a virtual poke or kick.

You know what they say, if you ignore something, it will go away. It works most times, unless it is a festering boil, and I do not believe the OP is quite that! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

payment info.jpg

I've snarked also.

But what disconcerts me the most is this.

The OP stated early on that they had no access to PayPal or other payment methods but when I looked at their profile I saw this.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Then maybe you just shouldn't respond.. I know I'm pretty new on here, but I have used formus in the past. Negative responses like the one's he seems to be getting, aren't going to help anyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


LidoraJaka wrote:

Then maybe you just shouldn't respond.. I know I'm pretty new on here, but I have used formus in the past. Negative responses like the one's he seems to be getting, aren't going to help anyone.

Maybe you should direct those comments at the folks who you seem to believe are being mean, instead of the person who explained to you why they seem to be being mean.

I have been nothing but helpful to this person, regardless of how he/she reacts, because others very well may have similar questions/issues. This person has gotten a LOT of help, on a LOT of threads, primarily for that reason..in case others have the same issues/questions. In fact a lot more positive help than negative help has been given(though some has been moved around by the mods)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree. Why respond to the op's post if you're going to insult or be mean? Just don't reply to their posts. I don't know why some people here want to be bullies. I've seen the op called stupid, scum and other names! It's wrong of others to name call just because they're frustrated.

 

I myself have asked the op if they had adhd and that was wrong of me.I'm very sorry. Please accept my apology.

 

 

The op deserves the same respect we give to other. Lets show some.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe ( not sure )the op finally got the prepaid credit card they wrote about on another post. I'm not sure but I think they used a different alias on the post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


jamajessie33 wrote:

I believe ( not sure )the op finally got the prepaid credit card they wrote about on another post. I'm not sure but I think they used a different alias on the post.

That screen shot was taken wayyyyyyyyyy before she started talking about prepaid cards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am one of the very few who responded in that thread, trying to help. I mentioned the prepaid card that I use. I really hope you weren't mistaking me for that alias....(shiver)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


seanabrady wrote:

Its a miniature game of Simon. You won't be able to take it off till you beat the WHOLE game!

 

In other words...I have no clue.

I was actually buying that for a minute there... lol

 

ALSO, if you want to see what something is that someone is wearing, (if its an object anyways) you can right click on that object, choose 'more' in the menu, and choose 'inspect' there. A window ill pop up with the object name and creator (and some more info) so what you can do is search the creator and usually they will have a link to their store in their profile or picks and find the item in world for yourself!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No it wasn't you. This alt would type and use the same words the op did. The o p has a certain way of writing ( like a hyper active teenager) that its very easy to know without a doubt this alt had to be them.. . I'm fairly new and work all day, by the time I get on the computer or access these forums on my iphone I'm barely breathing lol. I probably replied to the wrong thread by mistake. I'm sorry if I made you in anyway feel like I was referring to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2148 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...