Jump to content

soo its a bad idea to manually resize stuff ... whats the best resizer script to get??


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2594 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

Who said it's a bad idea to manually resize items? Where do you come up with these ideas?

 

There's nothing wrong with manual editing, go and learn.

 

MP search is bad, we know this but if you learn to use it properly such as by selecting a category of scripts, you might find better results than searching all categories which will yield results featuring clothing containing resize scripts.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Sassy Romano wrote:

Who said it's a bad idea to manually resize items? Where do you come up with these ideas?

 

There's nothing wrong with manual editing, go and learn.

 

MP search is bad, we know this but if you learn to use it properly such as by selecting a category of scripts, you might find better results than searching all categories which will yield results featuring clothing containing resize scripts.

 



Syo Emerald wrote:

He is not talking about resizing land, because thats not possible. Drake says (and he is absolutly correct with that) that you should not resize the house, because you will screw it up that way. Find a house that fits on the land or get more land to fit a bigger house.


Of course you can try it, but seeing your history of troubles with simple things and the fact that its not a good idea for anybody ro resize a whole house, makes me think its nothing you should do.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Sassy Romano wrote:

Who said it's a bad idea to manually resize items? Where do you come up with these ideas?

 

There's nothing wrong with manual editing, go and learn.

 

MP search is bad, we know this but if you learn to use it properly such as by selecting a category of scripts, you might find better results than searching all categories which will yield results featuring clothing containing resize scripts.

 


Because we told him its a bad idea to resize a whole house, which he wanted to do, because it didn't fit on his land. But of course, instead of reading and understanding what has been said, he now keeps assumeing we said he shouldn't resize anything at all.... :matte-motes-bored:

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Syo Emerald wrote:


Sassy Romano wrote:

Who said it's a bad idea to manually resize items? Where do you come up with these ideas?

 

There's nothing wrong with manual editing, go and learn.

 

MP search is bad, we know this but if you learn to use it properly such as by selecting a category of scripts, you might find better results than searching all categories which will yield results featuring clothing containing resize scripts.

 


Because we told him its a bad idea to resize a whole house, which he wanted to do, because it didn't fit on his land. But of course, instead of reading and understanding what has been said, he now keeps assumeing we said he shouldn't resize anything at all.... :matte-motes-bored:

well i kinda still want to resize a house ... soo if cant do it manually do it through scripts ??

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Splatulated wrote:


Syo Emerald wrote:


Sassy Romano wrote:

Who said it's a bad idea to manually resize items? Where do you come up with these ideas?

 

There's nothing wrong with manual editing, go and learn.

 

MP search is bad, we know this but if you learn to use it properly such as by selecting a category of scripts, you might find better results than searching all categories which will yield results featuring clothing containing resize scripts.

 


Because we told him its a bad idea to resize a whole house, which he wanted to do, because it didn't fit on his land. But of course, instead of reading and understanding what has been said, he now keeps assumeing we said he shouldn't resize anything at all.... :matte-motes-bored:

well i kinda still want to resize a house ... soo if cant do it manually do it through scripts ??

Get a smaller house!!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Drake1 Nightfire wrote:


Splatulated wrote:


Syo Emerald wrote:


Sassy Romano wrote:

Who said it's a bad idea to manually resize items? Where do you come up with these ideas?

 

There's nothing wrong with manual editing, go and learn.

 

MP search is bad, we know this but if you learn to use it properly such as by selecting a category of scripts, you might find better results than searching all categories which will yield results featuring clothing containing resize scripts.

 


Because we told him its a bad idea to resize a whole house, which he wanted to do, because it didn't fit on his land. But of course, instead of reading and understanding what has been said, he now keeps assumeing we said he shouldn't resize anything at all.... :matte-motes-bored:

well i kinda still want to resize a house ... soo if cant do it manually do it through scripts ??

Get a smaller house!!!!

it is a small house 

it just need to be smaller ... its 2 floors interior + a roof deck

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Splatulated wrote:


Qie Niangao wrote:

Scripts you find on Marketplace that perform this function are almost universally obsolete. That's because the entire functionality has been replaced by
. Anybody charging more than L$1 for such a script is ripping you off.

what do I do with this ? I dont understand what i just read at all :c

Well, the end-user would run a script that calls that function, if such a script were inside a product that needs resizing.

The only use-case for a resize script (however obsolete its implementation) is for the creator to embed it into stuff they'll distribute to others. Installing any such script -- or even using one -- is more work and vastly more aggravation than simply scaling the object while editing it in the Build Tool.

If you're still using resize scripts on mod-perm objects, stop right now and practice in the build tool until it's obvious why you'll never want to use such a script again.

(Off-topic, but the same advice applies if you ever use the on-screen camera controls. Close that window immediately and forever, instead dragging the mouse to alt-zoom and control-alt-pivot.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Qie Niangao wrote:


Splatulated wrote:


Qie Niangao wrote:

Scripts you find on Marketplace that perform this function are almost universally obsolete. That's because the entire functionality has been replaced by
. Anybody charging more than L$1 for such a script is ripping you off.

what do I do with this ? I dont understand what i just read at all :c

Well, the end-user would run a script that calls that function, if such a script were inside a product that needs resizing.

The only use-case for a resize script (however obsolete its implementation) is for the creator to embed it into stuff they'll distribute to others. Installing any such script -- or even using one -- is more work and
vastly
more aggravation than simply scaling the object while editing it in the Build Tool.

If you're still using resize scripts on mod-perm objects, stop right now and practice in the build tool until it's obvious why you'll never want to use such a script again.

(Off-topic, but the same advice applies if you ever use the on-screen camera controls. Close that window immediately and forever, instead dragging the mouse to alt-zoom and control-alt-pivot.)

well i can zoom out with alt + mouse dragging with very limited control on how far  iwant to zoom in or out 

and the other buttons dont work at all ... im stick to keeping camera controls on screen so that i have control over where eaxctly i wnat to stopp zooming in on and what angle i want to be looking at from also is the left and right slider of where i want the camera to be focusing 

 

and how is a script more work then a build tool if it will also cover the invisible prims and not make one thing small whiel leaving all the little parts left at massive size ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Both of what you describe there suggest that more practice is spent in camera control and editing.

 

Brain dead resize scripts are the bane of SL which lead end users to feel that clicking a script is easier and more effective than having full control over the edit process and leading content creators to set objects to no mod permission, lest the customer make a mistake and ruin their precious creation (which they have just transferred ownership of, I might add).

 

Spend less time here in the forums and more time learning core SL skills.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is about the lighthouse you saw, right?

Normally I'd suggest you just make a copy and go for it. I learned most of what I know about building by doing just that: buying stuff, ripping it apart and learning from what goes wrong. I ended up with a some hair that looked like exploding porcupines as a result, but I got better.

In your case, right now and for this build, I'd say no. Don't buy a L$750 lighthouse when you're not even sure you can make it fit where you want it. Especially as buying L$ seems to be such a huge deal for you that you can't spend a few bucks without starting five threads on the subject. Seriously, that's a lot of L$ to spend in one place when buying L$1500 is such a trial.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Kelley Wonder wrote:


I suggested that.. apparently she "dont really have teh attention span for it." The are she wants to slap this is on her parents land on a raised section of the ground. It will not fit there.

@ Splat... I would suggest that you haveyour parents either make the hill a bit bigger or get a smaller house.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Qie Niangao wrote:

Scripts you find on Marketplace that perform this function are almost universally obsolete. That's because the entire functionality has been replaced by
. Anybody charging more than L$1 for such a script is ripping you off.

 Exactly, even 1L is too much.  http://www.free-lsl-scripts.com/cgi/freescripts.plx?ID=699

 

and this http://notepad-plus-plus.org/

 

all you need. (and copy paste abilities)

 

Not sure if that works well, but you get the idea.... Most of the scripts on MP are just taken from this repository I found. Not all, some are fairly extensive and specificly written.... But resizers, shoot Builders brewery has one in their free script box.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2594 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...