What happens if ...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3542 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I create an experience to plugin to an existing build and everything is working as expected. 

3 questions;

1). The person that bought the build annoys another resident who subsequently AR's the experience.  Does this mean that every experience created by Me is stopped grid-wide or just the one that has been AR'd whilst the circumstances are being investigated?

2). Do we use the same experience name for everything we create?

3). To sell an experience the person buying it would need to have at the very least land powers to rez the experience object.  I'm guessing they would then need to add the experience to the parcel / region approved list?

I don't think these questions have been asked here before.

Thanks

Black

I would hope governance has been trained correctly to identify abuse of experiences at the correct level of use case & ownership like they do with existing distributed third party content, of which, I think they are since I haven't heard of them blacklisting products outside of those that infringe on copyrights or those that impair region stability such as sim crashers. There is still quite a lot of distro'd spam, laggers and copybotted content so I wouldn't worry too much yet on third party abuse of experiences. I would, though, take extra care in setting up experience based scripts to prevent such scenarios. Secure your scripts so they can't be interfaced with by means other than originally intended, keeping in mind that some users may disassemble your product, removing your scripts and placing them in their own objects or adding their own scripts to your product if able.

Once experience purchasing becomes available you can assign a different experience to a different product if necessary such as if one product is themed differently than the other or is rated differently.

You don't have to have land powers to rez an experience based scripted object, but the parcel/region would have to allow the experience for the script to operate. When requesting experience permissions from an agent, they must be in a region or over a parcel that allows the experience or you will get a experience_permissions_denied() event return. This is all for non-grid-wide experiences though, which is what we have access to atm.

Grid-wide experiences are the opposite, which will work in a region or over a parcel unless explicitly blocked.

No solid answers, but as far as I understand it there should be a different Experience name, and consequenctly a different Experience Key, for each "experience" produced.

This implies that selling an Experience that is then abused would only go against that specific key - unless there was a pattern of keys gettign abused that all are traceable back to the same account.  Then that implies that the user of that account is unable to, or does not wish to, create Experiences that aren't abuse resistent.  Which brings up the question as to whether LL wants to keep allowing that user to create such things.

So from my perspective:

1. It depends.

2. No, different experiences should be different Experiences. (note the capitals :P )

3. I don't have the understanding yet of that detail to attempt an answer. :P

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3542 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.