Question about Poseballs

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4999 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello,

I am trying to use the MLPV2 Poseball system to pose animations for my item. I have it all set up, I am just having a problem with positioning the poseball. I click the menu item "Adjust Pos", and when seated on the poseball, a "beam" shows up where the poseball is. I edit the "beam" so I can position the avatar in the correct spot. The only problem is that when I stand up, the poseball is inside the object, and partly sticking out the bottom. If I try to move the poseball back up into the air where it is visible again, and I try to sit again, the avatar is up in the air. I was wondering if there is a way to move the poseball back up into the air, but keep my avatar in the position I wanted it in? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

-LuckyJunior Serrari

4 answers to this question

Perhaps the root prim is set too low in the object.  Not knowing what type of object you have made makes it hard to guess.  Try changing the location of the root prim.  If it is also a functional part of the object that can't be moved, try creating another prim and make it the root.  You can always make that prim invisible.  Not inworld at the moment so I can't experiment.

--Cinn

• Like 1

That's an inherent problem with MLP - quite often when you on on top of something - the poseball is going to be inside the thing and impossible to sit on - this is especially true for hot tubs (with you slightly under water) and so on.

A quick fix is to add a "Get Set" pose on the menu that has the default stand poses out away from the object a little bit so they are easy to find and sit on.

Another thing you can do is edit the poseball script and look in there for the "llSetSitTarget" command and change the Z value (the third value in the thing looks like <0.0,0.0,0.01> or whatever it is (I'm not online now - so I can't look it up but it's <x,y,z> values). Change that vector to <0.0,0.0,-1.0> and and that will make all of your anims be 1 meter below the ball, thus making the ball 1 meter higher in every pose than it is now. Once you edit it, but it back in the bed so that ball gets rezzed instead of the old one. And then, of course, you have to go through your poses and adjust the position by 1 meter along the z access because now every pose will be one meter lower.

Obviously, the second answer is a lot more of a pain in the ass, but not so much if you are starting with a new build and have to line up all the poses anyway.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4999 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.