Need help with an ongoing issue on my sim not sure if its me or my computer lol

Veralis Basevi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3545 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

for the last 2 weeks strange things have been happening to me...

When i build i get alot of rubber banding ill move a wall or furniture and it snaps back several times 

The same with textures if i am changing params repeats ect it will go back and forth for minutes then finally stop at the original params.

now the wierd thing.

it only happens on my living room computer ....if i log my alt in the bedroom it doesnt do it. or my regular avi

doesnt do it at work or on my phone.

i have rienstalled my viewers firestorm 32 and 64 and sl viewer latest version.

I have rienstalled a clean version of windows.

I dont use a firewall other than my att built in one.

And in almost 8 years i have never had this issue before .except for the last 2 weeks.

it doesnt happen to anyone else either .

my specs for the computer 

CPU: AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor (4013.57 MHz) Memory: 16281 MB OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit Service Pack 1 (Build 7601) Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 660/PCIe/SSE2 Windows Graphics Driver Version: 9.18.0013.4052 OpenGL Version: 4.4.0

all settings are at high with a rez limit of 128

Im also getting delayed tp delayed double click to tp on mine or anyones land slow rezzing objects failed rezzes 

dialiation is usually between .85 to .99 at any given time framerate is set to 30 flat im at a total losss as to what to do it took me a week to build a small store where it only takes hours lol im going insane any advice would be grateful and if you fix my issue ill give you a 10K card to use in my store lol that is a promise.!!!!

Oh and i should state its hardwired into the router 2 feet away the one in the bedroom was on wiress and didnt do it...i shut off the computer every day no over heating so its not a issue like that i unchecked framerate 30 and its a steady 57 

changed a few settings in my graphics and network I will also state that the first week on the sim i noticed when i was making furniture and i would sit it would reject me like i wasnt the owner only then did we discover that with the sim deeded to my group would this happen if i sold it to my wife and she deeded it to her group it worked fine...how wierd is that. now its back in my name but not deeded and was working fine for awhile.

its a busy sim also usually 15 to 50 people at any given time but ive never seen an issue like this before on any sim. 

UPDATE

Purchased a full sim lastnight and its still doing it and it happened to my partner also but only 2 times and shes fine...me on the other hand is still having the same issue i changed the cat5 cable and its plugged directly into the att router no external routers used my connection is 20.22 down 3.71 up all of my virus protection and cleaners are turned off and background programs are off also i use iobit ultimate ....and have for the last 2 years and never had this issue before.

theres no overheating everything is water cooled in an open case 45c is the usual temp for the cpu and about 52c  for the graph card 

2 answers to this question

That's not the world's best dilation, but it shouldn't cause the sort of problems you're seeing.  I'm going to guess that the computer you're having trouble with is on a wireless router, right?  Have you rebooted it recently?  Have you checked to be sure that there isn't some new source of interference in the area?  Is the router/modem itself a bit old now?   Just as an experiment to see whether any of those questions are even pointing in the right direction, get a long LAN cable and connect your computer directly to the modem for a few minutes, bypassing the router completely.  If the problem goes away, you will have narrowed down the source.  Then you can decide whether you need to give up on wireless, replace the router, or start learning some new curses.

It's most likely SOMETHING to do with your internet connection...but since you are using a wired connection, and your other computer on the network is OK, the problem is most likely in your living room computer.

Check your temperatures.  Make sure the machine isn't throttling down because a fan's out or the case is full of dust.  If you have performance sofware, use it to make sure your computer's still performing up to speed.

Try using speedtest.net to check your internet upload and download speeds...run the test from both computers.

Maybe try replacing that 2 foot ethernet cable, or swap the two computers to see if the location, or the cable, or the router port you're using, could be the problem.

Run antivirus and malware software to see if anything's infecting your computer and slowing it down.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3545 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.