AR'ing something repeatedly - when does it become spam?

Starchild Magic

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5056 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I found an item that someone's selling in-world that violates the TOS. I've AR'ed it once already, and a couple of friends have reported it, too. I really want to file more AR's against it (it really is a disturbing item), but I don't want to cross the line into spamming the AR system. How many AR's can I file against the item before I'm spamming - is there a set number or guideline? What about using alts to file reports - helpful or likely to get me in trouble?

It's Open Collar.  They took the easy way out to use a readily available leash script.  Odds are, they don't know the animation module is still in there, or, the animations themselves have been removed with the module still in place.

Of course it's full perms... It's Open Source.  That's the whole point of the Open Collar licensing.  That items MUST be modifyable.

And, yes, the COMPLETE Open Collar system is an adult BDSM system... Made up of modules that each individually have sexual and non-sexual purposes.  I'm sure they lack the funding (Being a donation based service) to maintain parcels all over the grid.  I'm sure the few parcels they maintain have to take into account the most extreme measure of 'maturity' their product entails.  That doesn't mean that 100% of the scripts are 100% sexual and adult.  Separate those modules and you can have a perfectly non-sexual item.  Even the Animation module.  I'm sure hugs, cuddles, and tossing-toddler-in-the-air animations would work just fine in there.

Using your example of moddable, animation scripted items... I'm sure a full perms chair, desk, or kitchen sink would fit your definition of "potentially abused" items.  That full perms preschool chair could be modded with a lap dance, you know?  Will it be?  Who's to say?  But are you going to be out to AR the maker of the chair based on how bad it COULD be?

Come on...

A blank sphere prim can be made into a sex object.  Sit on it, turn it sideways, and rock it back and forth using the edit guides.  Instant butt-hump.  No scripts needed.

A blank sphere is full perms too.  Just imagine the potential debauchery that can be done with that blank sphere.  Someone could rez a second sphere, put them side-by-side and call them testicles.  Who's to argue?  Some wacky scriptor and animator could load them with rape animations.  Then nobody will look at blank spheres the same way again.  To top it off... Those blank spheres could be colored blue and pink, thereby furthering gender inequality grid-wide.  Some day, simply the sight of blue and pink spheres will instantly render the image of sex in people's minds.  Oh, wait...

And, frankly, I do believe Open Collar is the best solution.  They're low lag and low rescource scripts maintained by a large and productive group of scriptors.  No need to re-invent the wheel or use an antiquated stone roller of a script that lags sims and/or operates with questionable stability with zero technical support.

You ARed it once and your AR got ignored.  It wasn't an accident.  You were wrong about it.  That's all.

But, if you want to campaign against it.  Feel free.  I'm sure, if you continue and/or drive others to do so, it will be gone before the end of the week.

Does that make you right?  No.

Does that improve the grid?  No.

Does that save the life and innocense of anyone?  No.

Does it prove that anyone can annoy their way into unreasonably forcing things to disappear?  Yes.

Some day, you're going to deeply offend someone and they'll find a way to make you disappear too.  Come that day, you're either going to respond just like I am now or you're going to simply allow yourself to disappear in a very unceremonious *poof*.

Don't use alts to make AR's on the same person or item.  If it actually is a TOS violation it doesn't make much difference if one person reports it or 10. If they are all your alts though then it just looks like you are trying to make something look like a bigger deal than it really is. Even if it doesn't get you in trouble it makes it less likely the person reading it will be inclined to rule in your favor if you're trying to 'play the system'.

AR's can get buried. AR it every few days if you like. If you never get a response either the Linden decided you're wrong and it's not against the TOS, they haven't seen the AR yet because it's buried, or they had no clue what you were talking about because they couldn't find anything and you didn't give a good enough description of what was going on.

Hints:

AR the object itself if you can.

Include a screenshot only if it is a GOOD one (and don't forget to check the box to include it.)

Give a BRIEF but reasoned explanation why you think the item is in violation.

Don't say things like "OMG I reported this 20 times already! WTF?!?!"

Don't bother reporting something that can't be proven. You may think someone is underage but unless there is verifiable proof they won't do anything.

For minor issues try to send in the AR in 'non-peak' times when the Lindens reading them are less likely to be bogged down chasing higher priority reports.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5056 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.