Where can I find the highest quality Na'vi (Pandora) Skin and Shape

Wilde Nitely

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5001 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

10 answers to this question

/me nods toward the grey beard and thinks what John Norman must think of SL...

So, not only am I seeking the best quality Na'vi Skin and Shape, I am also seeking a great Pandora sim. Thought the latter seems much easier than finding a great skin and shape.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I have look at some skins at PAC that seem good.

Sorry I would but:

No Advertising or Commercial Promotion

Except as expressly provided below under “Exceptions,” we do not allow  advertising or the promotion of specific merchants, marketplace  listings, products, services, or commercial websites, including offers  to trade, “wanted” posts, charitable solicitations, and posts on  affiliate or referral programs.  “Advertising” and “commercial  promotion” include promotion of your own business as well as others’  businesses.  A persistent focus on a particular merchant, listing,  product, service, or commercial website is also considered “advertising”  or “commercial promotion.”  A “commercial website” is a website where  you can buy, sell, or trade any product or service.

because it might be considered advertising promotion. there are some exceptions, see the link below.

http://blogs.secondlife.com/community/features/blog/2009/02/25/second-life-discussion-guidelines

Ignore the Faubio, her tongue is going to go right through her cheek.

I'd find that Pandora sim first, then talk to the regulars there and find out where they got THEIR skins and shapes.  There ARE such to be found...the only problem is that it's a bit difficult, because CALLING the products by the names Avatar, or Pandora, or Nav'i will get them removed by a Linden Lab vigilant about protecting copyrighted material.  So Search will probably not uncover all the Avatar-inspired products that are out there.

That doesn't apply to this at all.  No one is advertising anything here, people are simply trying help the OP find the product she seeks.  People name creators and other business people within SL all the time on here when giving a reference where to find something a poster seeks.

To the OP:  I'm sorry I can't give you a good reference for the avatar you seek, but I can tell you not to worry about breaking any rules simply by asking and getting suggetions from others.  I hope you find what you are looking for. :-)

• Like 1

Lindal Kidd wrote:

Ignore the Faubio, her tongue is going to go right through her cheek.

I'd find that Pandora sim first, then talk to the regulars there and find out where they got THEIR skins and shapes.  There ARE such to be found...the only problem is that it's a bit difficult, because CALLING the products by the names Avatar, or Pandora, or Nav'i will get them removed by a Linden Lab vigilant about protecting copyrighted material.  So Search will probably not uncover all the Avatar-inspired products that are out there.

Thank you Lindal! This is really helpful. It doesn't touch in any sensitivity someone might have about advertising, yet it gives me what I need to know to answer the question myself... I was starting in the wrong place, the skin. I need to find a RP sim and then go from there, meeting people and asking the ones who's appearence I like what their personal experience was while shopping, etc.

The skins I have found have been the result of tags or keywords of some kind that include Na'vi or Pandora, but the products themselves do not include any such name. I wondered about that, now it makes sense.

Thanks for your thoughtful reply.

I have to admit I was afraid I had done something to bring the wrath of LL down on me...

/me wipes her brows with the back of her wrist and sighs with relief

I'm going to go find some sims and ask around. Thank you for your thoughtful reply.

(P.S. now if someone would just get the nose shape correct - perhaps that is a copyrighted item...)

The dah part is not using search.  The keywords are Na'vi or Pandora.

Subtle  promotion are used all the time here on SLA for all types of purposes but some fail to see them. There are fair and allowed forms of promotion on the blog and there are the disallowed. To directly request suggestion for merchandise is in the later category. For instance a Avatar SIM owner might be trying to promote his/her theme and in doing so promote business for all those involved, in time some of that business ends up on their SIM. I would remind you the Avatar theme is very new to SL.  There is also a  larger audience for these posts then the visible responses,144 people have viewed this thread .This has not gone unnoticed by some.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5001 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.