How do i get a job?

Travis Greyhound

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4757 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I don't hav a job in the real world, and im very bored atm waiting for replies for some applications. i was wondering if it was possible to get a job in my second life...

I don't kno how 2 design clothes and skins and stuff so im not really interested in anything like that.

id b grateful for any infomation i could get possible

thanks,

Travis Greyhound

16 answers to this question

Hold on there.  Your first priority should be to get a RL job.  If you are bored and just sitting around waiting for replies on some applications...then you should be out there submitting more applications and doing interviews and everything else you can think of to get yourself employed.

Not sitting around playing with your computer.

holy shit what kind of reply is that,and your training to be a teacher god help all of us if your teaching the next generation

i`ll be glad to be 6 feet under if thats the attitude there going to be taught just because you didnt like the reply that you got

and as for calling her a C**T well that was uncalled for

i for one hope you get AR`d for it

*dogdes the bullets* Ok, where was I? Uhm... yeah. I think that the best place to search would be job centres. Just type it in search and loads of places will pop up. I got dragged to one with a friend and we both landed a job right there and then. Turns out this girl wanted me and my friend to hang around her sim and rp crazy characters. What a fun job it is! and great pay. Lol.

Anywho, good luck too you. And uh... bye.

Print yourself up a nice sign.. WILL WORK FOR LINDENS... and find yourself a high traffic area to stand at. If you use your map, you can see where there are a lot of dots. Those are people. I would suggest a crowded spot on Zindra to start with.

The Simple answer to your question is "You Dont" ! Who's going to give you a job with an attitude like that.

No - I dont you ! No I dont know what "you have been through" ! No - I dont know "what your going through" !! Regardless of how you feel life has treated you - there is NO justification for your reaction !!

Life is hard ! deal with it - We ALL have issues, some more than others but it doesnt give anyone ..even you.. the right to give out such a torrent of abuse!!!!

What a pleasant response, thank you Travis.

I'm merely pointing out that you appeared to have your priorities in the wrong order.  I'm glad you're doing everything you can to get a RL job; that was not apparent in your original post.

If I were out of work, I would not be hanging out in SL or on these forums.  I'd be out there distributing resumes, badgering potential employers, and basically making such a nuisance of myself that someone would break down and hire me just to have themselves a little peace and quiet.

I hope you are too...and not just spewing venom at strangers on the internet.  Even though I can understand why your frustration level might cause you to do so.

Quote:  DR Dahlgren

Jun 3, 2010 10:49 PM transparent.pngin response to: Travis Greyhound

Re: How do i get a job? Print yourself up a nice sign.. WILL WORK FOR LINDENS... and find yourself a high traffic area to stand at. If you use your map, you can see where there are a lot of dots. Those are people. I would suggest a crowded spot on Zindra to start with.

Hi ...  I am sorry to go off topic but,  I'm really lost on that map with the green dots.  I can never seem to find one with a lot of dots.  It seems to show the surrounding area,  and when I zoom out .. I only see a few dots here and there.  Am I doing something wrong? 

PS - I posted a similar question in newbs, but I am not confused about using the Destination guide - that works great but does not tell u where people actually are.  Also,  I tried Phoenix, and it has a radar that shows you people nearby, but how can you tell if they are at a club or alone?  Again,  I want to find real live people to chat with but at the same time,  I don't want to teleport into a love nest ... or some place I shouldnt.  :-)

The truth is the odds of making a living in Second Life are infinitesimal. At best you might get some small additional income, but you can count the number of people who can honestly say that working in SL is their primary job and pays for all their RL expenses on your fingers with some left over.

Concentrate on getting a RL job, but by all means enjoy Second Life as a hobby and maybe turn it into something more later.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4757 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.