Shouting over sim lines

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3535 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am a manager at a sim with another sim that closely borders.  We hold A LOT of 7Seas fishing contests there and many people like to use fishing customs along with their fishing rods and some of the fishing customs shout when you catch a certain fish.  We are receiving complaints from the neighboring sims about the text from the shouting customs.  I have checked all the necessary boxes in the about land tabs to try and stop it but you can still see it.  Why is this possible?  Is there any way to fix it?  Any help would be appreciated.

I think "About Land > Sounds > Restrict gesture and object sounds to this parcel " might do it. Assume it is your land. If not your landlord would probably change that for you.

You can also restrict voice to your parcel and that might be a good thing too :D

The SAME options are available on mainland.

I am afraid I can not help much but I can confirm that chat text from an object flows into other parcels and regions no matter the land settings of restrictions for the text.
The object will be heard inside the radius for the type of chat: whisper(10m), say(20m) and shout(100m) not limited by parcel or region borders.

I used this simple script in an object on my own land and stepped into the next parcel and next region

default{    state_entry()    {        llSetTimerEvent( 4.0 );    }    timer()    {        llSay(0, "Hello");    }}

As I recall it, it was the same problem years back where objects in clubs used to spam the neighborhood this way
I guess use of the newer chat functions: llRegionSay() and llRegionSayTo() has reduced the problem

I searched the JIRA/bugtrace for this, but had no luck finding any entry, although this certainly is a bug

:smileysurprised::):smileyvery-happy:

• 3 weeks later...

It's just so strange that it's only on main land this occurs.  Private land it's fine. The text shouting won't happen.  It just seems to be a main land gltch something that could be easily fixed by LL.  I mean if private land doesn't have this problem I don't think main land should either.  They DEFINITELY should make main land that way.  That's just common sense.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3535 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.