Sign in to follow this  
zaylene

USER ID

Question

3 answers to this question

You have two unique "user IDs."  I'm not quite sure which one you mean.

One is your user name, zaylene Resident.

the other one is your UUID, and there are several devices you can get that will help you determine it.  Here's one example: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Avatar-Key-UUID-Finder/2877119

You could also use the link provided by another responder.  I'm pretty sure it's OK, but I haven't tried it myself and I'm cautious about using links provided by strangers, especially anything involving any sort of identification function.  There's nothing WRONG with someone knowing your UUID, it's just a sort of digital version of your user name...so just call me paranoid if you like.

Your user ID is public information. It's the way that scripted devices, like shop vendors and communication devices, know who you are.  Many viewers, like Firestorm, display your UUID right at the top of your profile so it's really easy to find.  For some odd reason, Linden Lab has never done that with their standard viewer, which means that anyone who needs to know your UUID has to go through extra, clumsy steps like Ohjiro and Lindal mention.