Stuck as a cloud, among other things

Tempest Lefevre

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4800 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I logged in with an alt and the sim I was in was being restarted and I got caught in the restart, no problem, it's happened before. When I logged back in I was stuck as a cloud. Cleared cache and relogged, still a cloud. So, I went to a different alt that was in another sim. Cloud for a bit, but then that cleared. I TPd into the sim my first alt was in and get the message that SL couldn't complete the region transition, even though I was there. I logged off and back on as that alt and I was back where I started and stuck as a cloud. I TPd to a neighboring sim and had no problems. Cloud went away. Walked into the sim in question and was fine. Had to log out for a bit. I logged back in with that alt and...I was back where I started and a cloud, again. I tried logging in as the first alt and still a cloud. Same with a third alt that was in that same sim. Contacted the sim owner who stated she was having no problems.

This was with Emerald and the SL 1.23 viewers. I also tried rebooting my modem and my computer as well as clearing the cache, again. I am open to suggestions at this point as to how to fix it. I have sent in a ticket as well.

5 answers to this question

Tempest Lefevre wrote:

I have done all that. I also removed SL from my computer completely and reinstalled. Still having the problem...worst part is this is where I am renting an apartment, so I spend a bit of time here.

Sometimes the cloud is just a glitch I think.  Try setting the renderunloadedAvatar setting to true in Debug (Advanced menu - Debug Settings).  The downside to doing this is that if your having troubles loading your avatar then you will be Ruthed.  But I've found that this will often force my avatar to load when I just can't get rid of the cloud and I usually look normal.

--Cinn

:0 i've had an account vexed for a few weeks with this prob, and i think i have it sussed. ;0 kinda, not fully; may take a couple of relogs.

:0 your inventory's 'current outfit' and 'my outfits' folders: first try taking off/detaching everything inside of them (though you may not be able to; that seems okay), then deleting everything inside them (everything inside these folders should only be 'links' and not the actual original items, though you may want to look closely and be sure! hopefully again you should have been able to take off everything, but it seems okay if you cannot - again you are only deleting 'links').

empty trash! then relog and try to put your old body back on. it may take a couple tries with relogging.

and perhaps combined with the 'test male/test female' debug test under the 'advanced -> character -> character tests' submenu, because i happened to try that along the way. so it seems to me maybe related to 'bad links'. :0

good luck!!!!!!! :)

p.s. sorry to re-open the topic, but i did not find this answer easily anywhere, and had just figured it out. i wanted to post it as quickly as possible; i hope it helps. :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4800 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.