My Shape can't be found in the Database?

Yohh

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3527 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been getting that Error since yesterday, this is a No Copy, Shape, that I've been making little touches to here and there for sometime, and suddenly I can't wear it. I've tried clearing my Cache, I'm not sure what to do.

If you are premium you can put in a ticket OR talked to live chat (who will likely tell you to put in a ticket) :D.    Things DO disappear from our inventories. I have lost thousands of things over the years. If you know the exact name of the item they can sometimes get it back for you.

Next time, best not to buy a no copy shape. That is quite rare really  -- for obvious reasons.

Sorry. Buy copy items when you can. Keep backups in separate files or in a box rezzed on your land. Always helps. Not foolproof though.

Yohh wrote:

I'm not a premium member.

So basically. I'm screwed is what you're saying?

No, not necessarily. However, once an asset goes missing, there is no guarantee(premum member or not) that it'll be returned/recovered. That said, there is also no guarantee the asset is actually missing, I've had that error message pop up on things before, lasting for various lengths of times, only to have it one day stop popping up. I'd file a ticket anyway, and let them know. Then, I'd check the JIRA for similar, or identical bugs, it may be a bug, it may not(it's a long shot, but it happens).

I've had lots of assets go missing over the years, everything from minor objects that I didn't even realize were missing until I randomly saw them pop into inventory in a place I knew they weren't the day before, to very important and expensive(for me) objects. Sometimes they can be recovered, sometimes they come back on their own, and sometimes they're lost and gone forever. Nothing in sl is guaranteed.

You do not need to be premium to file a ticket, though. You do need ot be premium(I believe, I could be mistaken, and someone will correct me if I am) to talk to live chat, however.

Yohh wrote:

I've been getting that Error since yesterday, this is a No Copy, Shape, that I've been making little touches to here and there for sometime, and suddenly I can't wear it. I've tried clearing my Cache, I'm not sure what to do.

I had that issue too, I think it was last year.

I had it with almost anything I tried to make or open or wear.

I was premium at the time, so I tried with help from support and it worked for a day or week and then went back to *failed to find.... in database*  But I do have to add, that they were really helpful and tried hard to help me fix it.

I am a designer, so it was a really big problem to me because I could not create anything without getting the *failed to.... database* It was
(mildly said)
driving me nuts and almost driving me away from second life.  

But...... I got in contact with another designer, Carina who had the exact same problem, and we sat out to figure out why we had it, and how to fix it (since LL's help didnt do much for us).  It took a long time, but we finally got it figured out.  And I made a thread with it, in case others ran into same problems.

You got to read the lower part of my first post.. after the 
UPDATE Jan-8th 2013
 part...

The upper part is what LL told us to do.. make sure to do that as well.. As we had already done that before we did second part of the post. so it might be a mix of both, that made it work for us...

I hope it works for you as well.. Good luck   
(Plz. let us know if you get it figured out too)

Lis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3527 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.