problems with my settings on singularity and firestorm

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3549 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have no clue what happened but since a few weeks my IMs dont go to my email account anymore..its set and it shows the mark when I am online but when I check my preferences when I am off the little box is empty..I completley reinstalled both viewers but no change :(

Does anybody have advice?

Melodee

MelodieBliss wrote:

I have no clue what happened but since a few weeks my IMs dont go to my email account anymore..its set and it shows the mark when I am online but when I check my preferences when I am off the little box is empty..I completley reinstalled both viewers but no change
:(

Does anybody have advice?

Melodee

Check your spam folder to see if they are going there, I know there is a setting in firefox to have all second life mail going directly to your inbox but I cannot remember where the thread is, perhaps someone will come along and direct you to the right thread on that.

Greetings :)

Two things......first  when you are NOT logged in,......preferences will show  the IM to Email checkbox as grayed out and not checked.......But when you ARE logged in...that box will be editable and  Checked.   This is normal.

Second.....The problem of not recieving  IM to Emails  started around  July 1st...and i did file a Jira report on this issue.

The lindens checked into it with me and several others  that were seeing the same issue...and in all cases the issue was caused by  our internet providers.....AT&T  in my case....but also  other internet providers.   AT&T was blocking all email from my region email server in SL.  The reason was shown  as "Blocked for abuse".   The same  "blocking  by internet providers was  happening  with all the other residents who were reporting this issue.  So the Lindens Closed the Jira  say it was a customer internet provider issue.  (However  i do suspect that something Lindenlabs  did,,,caused this  to be blocked  because it happend to many different people on same day  but with several different  internet providers)

To fix my  IM to email issue......I was directed to a special  webpage  at  my internet  provider AT&T.

rbl.att.net/block_inquiry.html    On that page i was able to submit an UN-Blocking  request.  It took a few days  to get processed   but finally  i got unblocked.  and   IMs to email are working again..:)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3549 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.