Is your experience done? Post SLURL and details here!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3232 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Escapades Island has been converted to XPtools. 

Escapades Island has for the past 4 years has had a HUD & Stick with which you can bash objects dotted about the island. Some objects have gifts in them, others contain monsters which can cause you health to drop, and some simply have nothing at all in them. If you loose all your health you are teleported to the Lost Point of the island.

Now with XPtools attaching the HUD and Stick is really simple and easy and when you passout you are teleported with no requests making the whole experience easy and fluid.

here is a landmark to Rickety Town Centre where you can start the experience by walking up to the Sign.

Now that the basics of the experience is in place, im already looking into new possibilities that were not possible before now. XPtools is a dream come true opening so many doors i can hardly contain my imagination :-p

UPDATE: Now has small test quest 'The Cheese Fairy' showing how adventure plugins will work on Escapades.

UPDATE: Now has a location map for easy teleporting around the island.

My experience will not be complete for quite some time as I've recently decided to attach my Experience to an old retro dungeon game concept I made over a year ago that I haven't touched since. I will be working to complete a fully playable game over the next few months. The current demo doesn't even display 1% of the game's capabilities, just the proof of concept which was a non-MOAP based faux 3D dungeon crawler emulation similar to the ones that were popular in the 80's & 90's. I do have a bare bones demo at http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Mauve/79/80/34 if anyone wants to see it in its extreme infancy. Just click the box with sword icon and make sure you're operating params match those required by the game.

Outside of our working tech demo 3-4 days into it the beta's start, I don't think our experience will ever be 'done'. per-se. Our HUD is 7 years old, but will finally be able to make a public release soon hopefully. However, I do hope you kids don't roll this system out to the entire grid until some things are fixed, like the teleport message/sound spam, or the tiny little time window where your avatar isn't in the experience on log in, or what seems to be legacy perms crashing the ecperience in the script (I guess that's a story for another thread though). Though we're not 'done', you're still however welcome to explore the rest of the sim you missed the times you've been there though, Troy. The little VR pod that looks like a hybrid of TARDIS and a trash-can (I dunno. It just... turned out that way) on the ElectroBit City rooftop. When our HUD and spell powerups are in though, I'll let you know. Despite being in a new location, our 'sim' is 7 years old, but we haven't had the chance to even start until now. So thanks again, you guys.

• 2 weeks later...

"Done" sounds so final, but I don't have anything further planned immediately for "VRC's Rail Ring Around the Atoll", which can be started at the VRC Headquarters in Tuliptree. Step inside a telepad portal -- a glass dome topped by a hoverclock -- and then step out to another train station until you make your way around the SLRR.

(It's not a game or anything, just a bunch of teleporters, and that's the only permission it actually uses.)

For the most part, I have converted my Wastelands game into a BETA version (until EXP tools are finalized) that runs parallel to the legacy version.  I am still working on making new stuff specific to the experience tools, and minor updates as I find porting issues.

A summary of the game is as follows:  

1. Run around the 10 regions of my estate looking for crates.
  2. Loot the crates to get items, parts of things, trinkets, and food.
  3. Each piece of loot is tradeable to other avatars, or you can sell them for L$ -- or you know... eat the food to help stay alive.
  4. The items, trinkets and parts can be crafted at a crafting station into weapons or vanity items; which are also tradeable.
  5. Use the weapons to fight other people also looking for loot, or kill a buzzard or two for it's delicious meats.
  6. Got too much stuff, or don't have the parts you want?  Bring them to one of three trader NPCs to exchange them for different and sometimes unique things specific to that NPC.

Mostly the HUD is used as a tool to RP on my estate.  But since neither RP or the HUD is mandatory, people pick and choose their level of involvement.  I also host Fight Night on Saturdays at 3pm PDT at our arena.  Our arena is as if Thunderdome met Robotwars, but with people instead of robots.

Grab the BETA HUD here to start playing immediately:  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/The%20Wastelands/137/156/67

Full details about our game here: http://wiki.the-wastelands.org/Category:Games

The initial stages of the Freedom Continent's beta experience are now done.   That is, we have two interlinked teleport networks for the two halves of the whole estate, one covering the Gor sims and one covering the non-Gor sims.   They intersect at the main Adult Hub, http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Adult%20Hub/128/128/0?title=Adult%20Hub.

We're also renting out adboards at the main intersection, so merchants anywhere on the estate can offer direct teleports to their shops.

This is by no means the end of what we have planned -- there's a haunted house under construction that will use experience keys, too, and the teleport project is by no means complete.   But visitors are very welcome.   Anyone visiting the Gor network, please take a moment to read the rules at the main Gor teleport point (some sims ask visitors to dress in a Gor style and wear "visitor" tags if they want to explore).   That's one of the main reasons we split the network in two.

• 4 weeks later...

Just a bit of an update:  We've created a tutorial area, not because our game is difficult, but because it has 7+ years of content and learning the basics on your own without reading the wiki is hard.  Adding even more ExpTools related content really warrants this.  I've already had a few compliments about it from people who have never been to the estate.

Speaking of content we've also added a few daily quests that leverage ExpTools (find-specific-item, temp-attach item, carry-to-destination).  We've added a few "underground" areas that are enclosed instances -- which are really just cave entrances in walls that teleport people to a different location in the region.  We plan to add a few more if we can manage to free up prims.  Aside from the teleport noise and notice, it's pretty seamless!

Our ExpHUD is no longer beta, and now mandatory to play the game.  I chose to centralize distribution of the game hud (temp-attached) at the major telehubs across the estate.  Centralized distribution has got more pros than cons, the primary con being that people don't like change.  But everyone is adapting at their own pace, and for the most part everyone really enjoys the exp-updates.  The biggest pro is that I can slap out updates as fast as I can make 'em.  I'm still working on porting over a lot of the more simple database logic that doesn't involve sorting records to exp-tools.  But I am torn between adding new content and porting over old code...

Our only gripe so far is the Project Interesting bug where things don't update client side if there are changes that are out of view.  That's really killing us since our crates and objects de-spawn after a time.  People think they're clicking crates to loot, but the crate has already been gone a while, and it's disappearing because the client updated -- not because they got an item.  This bug which isn't related to ExpTools is really making a lot of people upset.

• 1 month later...

Punkerella Summers and I have created a small activity called Mushroom Mayhem.

The goal is to collect mushrooms from various locations around our property (some are rarer than others) and add them to a cauldron in order to ceate a variety of temporary mushroom related effects. You can also collect bottles to store the effects in for later use.

I found working with the new methods was pretty nice. I like being able to save data persistently per user/object without using an external server. We mainly used the attach permission, but it would be pretty easy to integrate animation and other stuff.

We could use some testers if anyone would like to drop by: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Port%20Caledon/197/21/23

Let us know what you think!

The Amazon River is very much well equipped with Experience. Once you arrive, click "Step 2" to receive a HUD. Then i recomment to find the volcano and fall into it - this is not the straight way to go, but if you are keen on checking the experience then you will most likely encounter it there pretty fast.

The regions use telehub, as this is very efficient to prevent "double click TP" for cheating on mazes and other quests that we placed in the regions. Experience is then used to load prim-heavy stuff onto full regions into skyboxes, where the entrace is on a homestead region. 

Also we have integrated a CaRP element, in the HUD, one can be captured by other players. This works also with the Experience Tool.

Amazon River - four regions - one river!

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Glint/210/19/23

• 1 month later...

What I would like to see implemented is https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-6911 where popularity is shown in experience search and is based on the number of agents participating in the experience and to allow the option of this stat to published by the experience owner. I feel there are still plenty of users that are skeptical of the security and/or anti-abuse provisions of experiences primarily due to the the permission dialog mentioning that any number of possible permissions could be exercised by a particular application. Allowing users to see that a particular experience has hundreds, thousands if not, tens of thousands of participants can instill confidence or trust in the experience as well as the feature itself.

• 6 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3232 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.