telling225

Do you voice to verify people on here?

35 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Difficulties that might be difficult to explain without shipping this thread to another part of the forums.

No need to go NSFW, as there are tripods and delayed shutters... ;) 

16 hours ago, Orwar said:

And do women ask for pictures of one's private anatomy? Yes. Yes they do. Not all of them, but the majority of the ones I've been with (which are more than I'd like to admit).

Oh yes!

I have asked men for pictures of their spleens. That's a pretty private part.

In addition to a tripod and delayed shutter, you'd need a scalpel... and either you or your pain threshold would need to be high as a kite.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
Removed an excess word that Love has preserved for posterity below.
  • Haha 4

23 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Oh yes!

I have asked men for pictures of their spleens. That's pretty a pretty private part.

In addition to a tripod and delayed shutter, you'd need a scalpel... and either you or your pain threshold would need to be high as a kite.

That gives new meaning to “venting your spleen”.

2 hours ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

No need to go NSFW, as there are tripods and delayed shutters... ;) 

... I'm not that well-endowed.

• Haha 1

I say that you should do what you want.  They sure will.  You don't owe anyone anything here.  You're free to be whoever you want to be here.  That sort of pressure has more to do with their insecurities than it does with your potential honesty.  I know people say, "Oh I was 'burned' before by someone who wasn't who they said they were."  That is B.S. and no they haven't been.  They rushed into a relationship here too quickly.  They later found out it was not with someone they would have wished to be in a relationship.  If they had taken the time to get to know more about the person, they would not have been "burned" later.  Take things slow and do what's comfortable for you.  If something seems wrong or off, then it might just be.  Trust your judgment.

Edited by Pearce Kingsley
  • Like 3

The sound of my people is not the most pleasant to the ear. If anyone asks why I don't voice, I refer them to this instructional video:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

39 minutes ago, AyelaNewLife said:

The sound of my people is not the most pleasant to the ear.

Lies. And whilst my accent isn't as exaggerated as this, there are times when I hear myself speaking in English and suddenly I come to a word that I can very well pronounce in proper British fashion, but it comes out like a noise made by a donkey being tugged by the tail:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Is this thing still going? Ah Well. No as I take people as they present and to be honest most voices bore me. Same as those podcast/video things. If you can't write it, its probably not worth bothering. Sooner a slow typist than a verbose - fill in the blank-

Well also, been told mine makes grown men weak at the knees so save it for when streaming. Once a week as semi retired, specials on request :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Its all about expectations .... means: If you usually don‘t like to do voice chats, write in your profile, that you don‘t do voice chats (in general). A lot of people usually check the avatar profiles of others before contacting them. So if it is the most important thing in the world for a guy, to have a verification of you being a real woman, he will know from the very beginning, that you don’t like to be pushed to such verification processes. Maybe this will avoid misunderstandings and wrong expectations in most cases.

5 hours ago, VanillaLovelace said:

Its all about expectations .... means: If you usually don‘t like to do voice chats, write in your profile, that you don‘t do voice chats (in general). A lot of people usually check the avatar profiles of others before contacting them. So if it is the most important thing in the world for a guy, to have a verification of you being a real woman, he will know from the very beginning, that you don’t like to be pushed to such verification processes. Maybe this will avoid misunderstandings and wrong expectations in most cases.

There's nothing wrong with stating it in your profile, of course. But having no mention of it shouldn't be seen as an invitation, nobody should have any "expectations" about it and there really isn't much scope here for misunderstanding. "Will you voice for me?" "No." What's not to get?

• Like 4

5 hours ago, VanillaLovelace said:

A lot of people usually check the avatar profiles of others before contacting them.

Sadly many more don't. And a great subset of those that don't read anyones profile are the same who request voice verification. From my experiance many of those that were a little too soon and too much interested in RL stuff, didn't care to even open the "Real Life" section of my profile, because they started asking things, that I had already answered there.

• Like 2

Dance does not  mean a date a conversation does mean relationship some people are just looking for friends not every one here looking for the same.  

You don't have to share everything ether.  Be what ever you want just when comes to meeting just be upfront yes every one has a story we are in this magic together. 

Second life not a dating data base but if you find a connection so be it. If you keep it sl then keep that way if you go real still know one should be forced. What ever you agree on you don't have to like it you can walk away.    If your only sl not mixing with real then keep it sl. But if you put sl mixed with real fine to put some things out their but be truthful when the connection gets deeper.    100% True People wanna see the natural you the upfront you if you lie it breaks trust the person walks away. This why best to be yourself stop pretending to be someone your not. If your going real why you voice and cam first. Sorry but typing great at first but gets boring people wanna here a voice as heart beat a good connection. It can take a year to get to know someone you gotta meet a few times let it build. .You can’t force a connection.We meet the right people at the right time under the right circumstances through natural vibrations.• taking pride in appearance mind body and soul is a plus both ways don't gotta be a 10 its how you carry yourself.

Everyone has free will I don't care if man plays a women or women plays a man don't gotta voice you are you. Morphing is fine also. But some things should be upfront and trustful.   But I was tricked once the person used a different voice when it got close to meeting in real was a women on other side I did not get mad just disappointed and walked away. know one likes to be cat fished. This not to point fingers not everyone is like this.   People just wanna come to second life as getaway not tricked with voice verified just if you click then voice both ways in private if your not in to it then just go your separate way.  This just advice its not for everyone your life whatever you agree to your freewill. 

true.jpg

Edited by Vanoralynna
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Amina Sopwith said:

There's nothing wrong with stating it in your profile, of course. But having no mention of it shouldn't be seen as an invitation, nobody should have any "expectations" about it and there really isn't much scope here for misunderstanding. "Will you voice for me?" "No." What's not to get?

yeah, true .... but it happened more than just one time to me, that I met a guy and started an interesting chat conversation with him and after several days he turns into an ***** by insisting on doing voice chat - and unfriended me after realizing that he will not get what he wants. Don‘t understand me wrong: I don‘t have a lack of self-confidence and I don’t care about what he thinks about me ... but on the other hand: What a waste of time! That‘s why I mentioned, in some cases it would be the better approach to write in your profile what you like to do and what not ... to make a clear statement at the very beginning.

2 hours ago, VanillaLovelace said:

yeah, true .... but it happened more than just one time to me, that I met a guy and started an interesting chat conversation with him and after several days he turns into an ***** by insisting on doing voice chat - and unfriended me after realizing that he will not get what he wants. Don‘t understand me wrong: I don‘t have a lack of self-confidence and I don’t care about what he thinks about me ... but on the other hand: What a waste of time! That‘s why I mentioned, in some cases it would be the better approach to write in your profile what you like to do and what not ... to make a clear statement at the very beginning.

Do you think this guy would have respected your refusal to voice if you'd put it in your profile? 

3 hours ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Do you think this guy would have respected your refusal to voice if you'd put it in your profile? 

I don‘t know .... but if only 1 of 10 guys would respect it or decided not to contact me cause my profile does not meet their „expectations“, this would be a further small step forward, right?

Edited by VanillaLovelace

10 minutes ago, VanillaLovelace said:

I don‘t know .... but if only 1 of 10 guys would respects it or decided not to contact me cause my profile does not meet their „expectations“, this would be a further small step forward, right?

Well, it's entirely your call, of course. I just think that someone who respects a "no" in the profile would probably respect it in conversation just as much.

1 minute ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Well, it's entirely your call, of course. I just think that someone who respects a "no" in the profile would probably respect it in conversation just as much.

Oh wait, sorry ... my last statement was poorly formulated. My point is: If someone reads my profile FIRST and decided NOT to contact me cause I could not meet his expectations, this would avoid wasting my time and his time ... in comparison to coming to the same result after several days of chatting

Not everyone reads profiles, though, and I think that one has to find a balance between whether one can expect people to do so - some people are very concise in their profiles, others write heavy volumes with multiple picks that they expect people to muddle through before as much as saying 'Hello'. Some people even write 'read my picks before contacting me', and then you flick the tab over to their picks and realize that there are things which life is too short to put time into. I get it when it's business related and they have a FAQ for their store/support in there, but when they bring up their whole (S)life story and have a pick for every person they ever spoke to, nah.

On 6/24/2019 at 5:24 PM, Female Winslet said:

Supposedly we do get voice morphers. I've never managed to figure out how to use them.  Then again I have not tried too hard. 

Premium gets them for free. To acquire them, you have to teleport to Premium Morph Services (the sim name) and click on the podium that matches the morph set you'd like to use - or just hit the mega pack and get them all.

After that, enabling them is right in the toolbars under Communication - Voice Morphing.

I usually shut down people who are using SL as Facebook or Tinder pretty quickly when I mention my grandchildren.

But...as someone who has “impaired” speech following a stroke - if their phobias compel them to ask for voice; I am well-prepared to sound Drunk when I tell them “bye”.....

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975d1795bc732e735655

Edited by AmandaKeen
Added gif
  • Like 5

On 7/22/2019 at 10:53 PM, ballparkdogg said:

I dont like to hear a rl voice or see RL pics even.  i am happy with what i see on the screen or read in the profile

^^^^^this. The RL pics I've inadvertently seen are never alluring.

I don't crossover into RL in any way, but to be honest, I haven't been asked to voice for months. Neither have my sisters......😊

In RL I rarely phone. I'm a text addict. Keeps it short.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On June 26, 2019 at 9:39 AM, VanillaLovelace said:

A lot of people usually check the avatar profiles of others before contacting them.

What planet are you from?