Jump to content

What Do I Want In A Second Life Girlfriend?


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2355 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

I can not suggest to you what you would want in a girlfriend, since your tastes and mine can be vastly different.

 

However, I can give you suggestions for what to avoid in a girlfriend...or in any partner regardless of gender, as I have had both girlfriends and boyfriends who displayed the following traits:

 

  • Paranoia - Always wanting to know where you are, who you are with, questioning you closely over everything, being doubtful / skeptical even when proof is provided that nothing wrong is going on, not wanting you out of sight for even a few seconds even if RL calls.
  • Manipulation - Getting upset with you or wanting something, then beginning to twist their words / your words around to try to paint a different scenario of what was actually said / is happening, in order to emotionally manipulate you into saying or doing something they want.
  • Constant Mood Swings - Everyone has a bad day, that is understandable...but avoid a girlfriend / boyfriend who is constantly having mood swings. Trust me, it's just an emotional drain and serves no purpose for anyone.
  • Unnecessary Defensiveness / Argumentative Traits - Misunderstanding something you say, and getting defensive rather than listening to you explanation...making a mountain out of a molehill (or something which was never said or done at all, but was read wrong) to fight and try to paint you as the wrong one.
  • Blaming - Blaming you for mood swings, paranoia, the unnecessary defensiveness / arguments...always being right while you are in the wrong, thus making you the bad person all the time.
  • Sweet to Sour then Back Again - Sweet one moment, then suddenly nasty, and then getting sweet again when you point out the sudden nastiness...part of manipulation, I think.

 

All of those just cause a lot of stress, headaches, and...sometimes...heartache. A lot of times those traits do not reveal themselves until you are also already in the relationship. That is why I say, take relationships slowly...get to know the other player over the course of at least a few months. As well as you will get to see their other friends; their friends' behavior can clue you in as well, since birds of a feather flock together. Both usually give you insight as to how the person behaves and lets you know whether you have a gem or a rotten egg.

 

I have personally sworn off dating in SL altogether. There are plenty of lovely men and women in SL but I always got the rotten ones, and I personally do not find dating / relationships in SL to be worth it.

 

Edited to correct a typo.

Link to post
Share on other sites

In my last post in this thread, I forgot to also add in:

 

  • Clinginess - Never giving you space or a breather, constantly IMing you and wanting to be with you wherever you go and whoever you are with. Some people can handle that, but most people need breathing room. Often the partner who is extremely clingy will slip into paranoia and manipulation when you try to maintain some breathing room or have time for yourself.

 

I also have to add...you (all of us, actually) should look for what we can offer a boyfriend or a girlfriend. None of us are perfect but we certainly can't be toxic to whoever we want to date, so getting a good idea of what our good traits are -- and what ones we can fix or improve on -- is recommended...that way we do not become the boyfriend / girlfriend of horror stories.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites


singlematt wrote:

I can't figure out what type of girl i want for an Second Life girlfriend, Any Help from anyone?

If you don't know how are we supposed to?  Everyone has their own preferences.  I can give you some advice though, and that is take it slow.  Get to know someone and be friends first.  Your relationship, if one developes, will last longer

Link to post
Share on other sites


singlematt wrote:

I can't figure out what type of girl i want for an Second Life girlfriend, Any Help from anyone?

From your other posts in the forum....probably a naked one...

I tell you a secret: Women are humans, not products on the shelf of a supermarket. There are no "kinds" of us, we are complex individuals.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You might give some thought to whether you want an SL - ONLY girlfriend or not. Not everyone in SL is interested in taking a relationship to Real Life, and being up front about that and having it clear in your mind might help you sort through potential playmates.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

My Dad always said *If you dont know what you need, then you dont need it*.... its pretty simple.. If you truly need something in your life, you would know exately what it is... so... You dont know what you want? Then you are not ready for it whatsoever.

 

But hey again, good luck with your other post, asking for a longterm friend to have sex with every day.. I do hope for a update on that one, would love to see the woman/girl that meets your match... If she exist...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites


Randall Ahren wrote:

You seem to be attracted to him.

Ohh my english IS bad then?  *giggles..

Thankfully I am way older than him and all married and boring *pheww...  Nahh I am just a nosy person, but I do admit that I am pretty fasinated by his faith in himself, that a woman really would settle for that... All he ever talks about is what he wants, its all about someone to met his aquirements, he never once tell what he brings to a relationship, and I really think he honestly think its that way... A woman like that just cant exist in my book

Link to post
Share on other sites


madam Martian wrote:


Randall Ahren wrote:

You seem to be attracted to him.

Ohh my english IS bad then?  *giggles..

Thankfully I am way older than him and all married and boring *pheww...  Nahh I am just a nosy person, but I do admit that I am pretty fasinated by his faith in himself, that a woman really would settle for that... All he ever talks about is what
he
wants, its all about someone to met
his
aquirements, he never once tell what he brings to a relationship, and I really think he honestly think its that way... A woman like that just cant exist in my book

"A woman like that just cant exist in my book"

We are talking about Second Life now.................  ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites


Perrie Juran wrote:


madam Martian wrote:


Randall Ahren wrote:

You seem to be attracted to him.

Ohh my english IS bad then?  *giggles..

Thankfully I am way older than him and all married and boring *pheww...  Nahh I am just a nosy person, but I do admit that I am pretty fasinated by his faith in himself, that a woman really would settle for that... All he ever talks about is what
he
wants, its all about someone to met
his
aquirements, he never once tell what he brings to a relationship, and I really think he honestly think its that way... A woman like that just cant exist in my book

"A woman like that just cant exist in my book"

We are talking about Second Life now................. 
;)

LOL thats why I asked him for a update IF he finds her.. I would love to know if she does exist in sl..

I still doubt it ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2355 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...