You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2362 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello

We are thinking about changing from another VW to Second Life.  But when I go in, it always seems so "jerky" and hard to get around.  Another thing is that although there are people around, not many want to talk or they are kind of distant if you know what I mean.

I understand that we are "new" but if anyone wants to help, it would be appreciated.

Blessings

Angel Cher AOG

Welcome to Second Life!

SL is very graphic and data intensive. Unlike a lot of worlds, all the content has been created by its residents and new content is created all the time, so its impossible to preload the environment into your computer.  It must be downloaded each time you go somewhere or look in a different direction. If you have an older computer it may not be up to snuff.  Does your computer meet the system requirements

People standing around not wanting to talk are probably in Instant Message with their friends.  People that have been in SL for a while probably have already established their social circle and forget they were new once and don't tolerate newbs asking them a lot of questions.  On the other hand there are plenty of people here that will be glad to talk to you and help too.

Go to places that cater to newbs where you will find other newbs that are eager to talk and make friends, such as New Citizens Inc. (aka NCI), or The Shelter.  These places also have mentors to help you get oriented and answer all your questions.  They can also help you set up your viewer and graphics to make sl run smoother for you. NCI and Caledon University also have classes for newbs and a lot of good information available. 

MidnightDawn Sapphire wrote:

Hello

We are thinking about changing from another VW to Second Life.  Put when I go in, it always seems so "jerky" and hard to get around.  Another thing is that although there are people around, not many want to talk or they are kind of distant if you know what I mean.

I understand that we are "new" but if anyone wants to help, it would be appreciated.

Blessings

Angel Cher AOG

With a rezdate of 2010, how new are you? 4 years isn't exactly new. You are a member of a group that sounds like they would be fairly talkative and several clothing stores...

MidnightDawn Sapphire wrote:

Hello

We are thinking about changing from another VW to Second Life.  Put when I go in, it always seems so "jerky" and hard to get around.  Another thing is that although there are people around, not many want to talk or they are kind of distant if you know what I mean.

Blessings

Angel Cher AOG

I suppose this means that you and your minions have finally grown weary of trolling the Utherverse.  Or perhaps you've successfully converted everyone in RLC, leaving you with nothing better to do than to move on to a bigger, better VW in order to expand your own unique brand of insanity.

I would wish you luck, but it would be insincere.

...Dres

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2362 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.