Sign in to follow this  
Chuck Kingsley

Second Life Account Blocked

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3695 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

It's very likely to take a couple days.  Don't post multiple tickets for the same thing as that will just get confusing.  But you can add comments to an existing ticket.  As long as you are truly 19 and have the documentation to verify that, I doubt if there would be a problem.  But Linden is not known to be quick about these things so patience is your best friend. 

--Cinn

8 answers to this question

It's very likely to take a couple days.  Don't post multiple tickets for the same thing as that will just get confusing.  But you can add comments to an existing ticket.  As long as you are truly 19 and have the documentation to verify that, I doubt if there would be a problem.  But Linden is not known to be quick about these things so patience is your best friend. 

--Cinn

Awww, but Real Life is boring. Hehe

Okay. I have a few things to do in RL anyway.

Yep, I have the documentation. I sent the SIN numbers to LL too. Now, only time will tell what happens.

Thanks for your support Cinn. You rock!

Unfortunately I don't. But John Linden emailed me. I gotta go scan my birth certificate, and send him the copy of it.

Thanks guys! All of you are awesome!

I have actually gone through this.  Call the number and when you get someone on the line email them a copy of your birth certificate or whatever you have.  If you are on the phone they will receive it and should reinstate you immediately

But, it's safe right? My personal information won't be given away to anybody else? Right?

Sorry, I just never had to deal with something like this before.

Chuck Kingsley wrote:

But, it's safe right? My personal information won't be given away to anybody else? Right?

Sorry, I just never had to deal with something like this before.

Chuck, giving your personal info to LL is as safe as giving it to...well, most other companies.  They don't give it out or sell it.  That doesn't mean that it might not be leaked inadvertently some time, a risk we all take in this Internet Age.

This is a very frustrating experience.  LL takes the possibility of underage users very seriously (they don't want to be sued because some kid got on the grid and got traumatized by some of the adult activities that go on there).  So, if somebody reports you as being (in their opinion) underage, you're very likely going to have to prove that you're an adult, as you are now doing.

Another way in which this comes up is if you used someone else's credit card (such as a parent's) as your payment information.  If the credit card and personal information you sent LL at signup don't match, they can suspend you until the question is cleared up.  Or if there are other discrepancies, such as you giving them an address in your home country, but living for a time in another country and accessing SL from there.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3695 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.