Second Life Account Blocked

Chuck Kingsley

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5039 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Friendly greetings everyone. Hehe

I want to ask you everyone a question, and I would gladly take any of your advices

My account's name is Chuck Kingsley. Yesterday, after I logged off and went to work, I came back home and checked my E-Mails. One of them was telling me that my account was put on hold until I will age verify my account. Now, when I'm trying to start Second life, it tells me the game can't be started from my computer, also when I'm trying to access my dashboard, it gives me this message:

My Account

Are you having a little trouble with your password or security
question? We can get this straightened out by talking to you.

Please call us: (866) 476-9763.

I got a ticket, and sent almost three or four to Linden Labs. The last one had my Social Insurance Number in it for Age-Verification (Yes. I am Canadian. Heh)

However, that last almost 3 or 4 hours ago. How long should I wait? And.. should I wait at all? Or is my Second Life ruined? I hope Linden Labs will get back to me soon. *crosses his fingers*

Thanks alot guys! All of you rock!

8 answers to this question

It's very likely to take a couple days.  Don't post multiple tickets for the same thing as that will just get confusing.  But you can add comments to an existing ticket.  As long as you are truly 19 and have the documentation to verify that, I doubt if there would be a problem.  But Linden is not known to be quick about these things so patience is your best friend. 

--Cinn

Chuck Kingsley wrote:

But, it's safe right? My personal information won't be given away to anybody else? Right?

Sorry, I just never had to deal with something like this before.

Chuck, giving your personal info to LL is as safe as giving it to...well, most other companies.  They don't give it out or sell it.  That doesn't mean that it might not be leaked inadvertently some time, a risk we all take in this Internet Age.

This is a very frustrating experience.  LL takes the possibility of underage users very seriously (they don't want to be sued because some kid got on the grid and got traumatized by some of the adult activities that go on there).  So, if somebody reports you as being (in their opinion) underage, you're very likely going to have to prove that you're an adult, as you are now doing.

Another way in which this comes up is if you used someone else's credit card (such as a parent's) as your payment information.  If the credit card and personal information you sent LL at signup don't match, they can suspend you until the question is cleared up.  Or if there are other discrepancies, such as you giving them an address in your home country, but living for a time in another country and accessing SL from there.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5039 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.