Images lossy on upload to Marketplace?

BijouxLux

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3558 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Marketplace images are converted to JPEG on upload. everything except your red lettering is really surviving the conversion all right, so concentrate on that lettering. if you want to keep the same general look, make that red text a little bolder, and maybe alter the color slightly, so the JPEG compressor doesn't consume it as "unimportant".

you can try this, but results are not guaranteed. i'm not certain if their uploader will try to recompress JPEG images, and their settings could still be different from what 0u choose.

for this case I think that a change in text color or maybe a little text outline will solve it. the contrast is low there, and the uploader is punishing that.

Well you made the photos the sized asked for so you are not getting any EXTRA lossyness LOL.  That's good.

I would make them as clear as you can (so png files) since the uploader will STILL adjust and make them a smaller file size. You can experiment, but that has been my findings. If you change your font so that is isn't so thin you will have much better luck.

None of us love the way the uploader works but some people don't know how to make reasonable web images, so it is an unfortunate necessity.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3558 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.