Hat Tricks, how to wear without hair sticking thru

Cameron Milasevic

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5089 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

OK searched blogs and tags for Hat and can't find any posts on this subject (which doesn't mean they aren't there.  )  Are there any hat types where you can jam the hat down on top of your head like its supposed to be without all the hair sticking through the hat? Maybe the sculpted prim ones?  I've seen the hair with built in hats which is a possibility, but limits your options.  Any long haired cowboy hat wearing peeps out there that are making this work?  Thanks!

2 answers to this question

the best option is to use a copy of your hair, place it on your head and place the hat in position, modify the hat to the desired size and tilt, then grab the hair and move it to such a position that it stops poking through, you can also delete hair that can't be seen too. Select hair and hat and link, whilst I'm not sure this can be done whilst attached, you can hop on to a pose stand and place the hair and hat as accurately as you can on your head and link them this way, then take back to inventory and wear on head and do your final touching up then.

No simple answer, so much depends on the Hat and your hair. If hat and hair is copy and mod, you can do all sorts of things like size the hat, attach the prims from the hair that you need to it, etc. If the hat and or the hair is no mod, you are kind of limited to finding a hair that will work. If they are no copy, remember that anything you do changes the only one you have, so be careful.

I usually just resize the hat to work with a hair I like. Not always the best, but works 90% of the time unless the hair style is really poofy. Hair is never going to not show through the hat from time to time if there are flexi prims in it. When you walk, run, dance, etc, the hair is going to move through the hat, just a part of SL most of us ignore, just like hair sticking through the middle of us when we dance with long hair. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5089 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.