Avatar showing up all black, or only as attachments. Help?

Callista Silvansky

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4892 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So I have an avatar issue (not with this one I'm logged in as, but with one called Simi Tomorrow, which belongs to my boss) where no matter what computer we try to log him into, or what outfit we put on him, there are issues rendering his avatar (on both the old viewer and viewer 2). He either appears entirely blacked out or completely invisible except for his attachments (such as hair, eyes, and shoes) or mixture of the two (IE - invisible head and black body). And he shows up that way to me from my avatar's perspective too (I only see the attachments). We've tried logging in and out again, and changing his outfit to some of the various default outfits provided from by Linden Labs, but to no avail.

Any ideas on why this is happening or how we can fix it?

8 answers to this question

I can try to give some tips on correcting this but I can not promise they will work,

1. Take the avatar to a water sim or a place that there are no textures to load.

Set your preferences to clear your cache. Log out from that spot and log back into the same location.

2. Go into edit appearance mod.

3. Move some or the sliders in edit appearance you should see your textures if you do.

Stay in edit appearance and select character re-bake textures.

4. Another thing you may try is change skins while in edit appearance.

5. Make sure you are on the main display and not a secondary display if the computer you are using has 2 monitors.

Good luck,

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4892 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.