verifying of information

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2641 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Here's something I've been thinking about for the past few days....

If your account needs to be verified by LL because of whatever (locked out, hacked, forgetting passwords, etc) what information does the Lab ask you when you call or send in a JIRA (or whatever they're calling it nowadays)?

And...how can one see and change that information? A few years ago, LL was asking residents to put in information to allow them to go to adult sims and I'm pretty sure the information they have for me is incorrect.

Just to add that I am not a premium member nor do I have any payment information on file with them already.

Thanks....

:matte-motes-sunglasses-3:

password.jpg

Tex Monday wrote:

Here's something I've been thinking about for the past few days....

If your account needs to be verified by LL because of whatever (locked out, hacked, forgetting passwords, etc) what information does the Lab ask you when you call or send in a JIRA (or whatever they're calling it nowadays)?

And...how can one see and change that information? A few years ago, LL was asking residents to put in information to allow them to go to adult sims and I'm pretty sure the information they have for me is incorrect.

Just to add that I am not a premium member nor do I have any payment information on file with them already.

Thanks....

:matte-motes-sunglasses-3:

ANSWER TO YOUR SECRET QUESTION

Which to the best of my knowledge there is no way to see or change.

Which is a good thing because if someone hacked your account and could do either you'd be SOL.

ETA, People seem to treat these secret questions quite flippantly, not understanding how important they can be.  Not just when signing up for SL but for other things also.  Is bad MoJo.

All these years later I still remember the name of the first girl I ever had sex with it.  It makes for a good answer.  ;)

Perrie Juran wrote:

All these years later I still remember the name of the first girl I ever had sex with it.  It makes for a good answer. 
;)

Yes, but Martian girl's names are so difficult to pronounce....:matte-motes-sunglasses-3:

I wonder if there's a way to contact LL and ask them...or am I wasting my time?

Tex Monday wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

All these years later I still remember the name of the first girl I ever had sex with it.  It makes for a good answer. 
;)

Yes, but Martian girl's names are so difficult to pronounce....:matte-motes-sunglasses-3:

I wonder if there's a way to contact LL and ask them...or am I wasting my time?

They are easier to pronounce then some of the names I am seeing in SL now.

But to answer your question I'd see no reason you couldn't submit a ticket or call to ask.

Few months a go a friend had same problem.

I help him to send a ticket..

They simply ask you to open/reply the email the account on hold, had declare to them when it was registered and read the instructions how to claim it back/or whatever was the problem.

Because the person i wanted to help , he didnt pay attention when he register and he use an email that he wasnt using and so it went lost by the years.. and so my friend LOST his account.. for ever.

Thats why as perrie says  - and i loved this cartoon - we need to be careful and keep notes or remember very good and use the details we giving/declaring.

EtherealTruth wrote:

I'm pretty fippant with Secret Questions as I don't trust them as a security risk.
:(

In that case I wouldn't trust anything anywhere on the Internet with any personal info.

Seriously.

Interesting to me that I've never read of hackers accessing peoples "secret questions."  I guess it could happen, maybe even has happenned.  Just personally have never read about it.

Think for a moment how simple they normally are and the amount of the aforementioned information we do entrust to the internet (which is accessible via data mining). As I've been irresponsible in that regard, I'm finally learning to choose a complex secret question; nevertheless, certain past errors are difficult to correct as well, Catch-22. :)

EtherealTruth wrote:

Think for a moment how simple they normally are and the amount of the aforementioned information we do entrust to the internet (which is accessible via data mining). As I've been irresponsible in that regard, I'm finally learning to choose a complex secret question; nevertheless, certain past errors are difficult to correct as well, Catch-22.
:)

I obfuscate my answers also, but they are things I will remember.

Certainly th eanswers to many questions can be found, for instance a Mother's maiden name.  But someone is going to have to really want to be geting into your account to be going to all that trouble.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2641 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.