Feedback, and a question, about teleport settings

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3539 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

We're shortly going to roll out the first stages of the inter-sim teleport network on the Freedom Continent estate (intended to encourage visitors to explore the whole estate rather than spend all their time at high-traffic locations like the Adult Hub and Bondage Ranch).   I will post here when we're set up.

The estate owner, who is very much involved in the project,  has asked me to pass on one point, which may actually be posible already.

She would very much like to have a parcel-level setting whereby tenants can, if they wish, over-ride the sim's landing point and allow direct teleports to their parcel. 

How does it work in The Cornfield?   The portal in The Portal Park takes you to the Barn.  There's no direct teleports in the Cornfield itself, but the griefers can teleport you to the Graveyard.    What settings are in use there?   On the face of it, that's what we'd like to be able to do on some of the Freedom Continent sims.

• 3 weeks later...

There was not anything special done in the scripts. The griefers simply teleport you to a given location. The portals use the same commands to teleport you, and they all use specific coordinates. The grave yard, shop, barn, and the fields are all on separate parcels. Each parcel has its own settings, and each parcel can have its own teleport location set.

Innula, this is not at all the question you asked, but for you and others dealing with teleporting agents:

I've been struggling with https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-7987 and I think I know what's going on, so before I further confuse that jira, I'd like to see what others may have seen.

It seems to me that the look_at argument to llTeleportAgentGlobalCoords() is not the "location avatar will face after completing the teleport, given in local coordinates" as in the wiki, but rather a vector in the direction the avatar will face. So, for example, to face southwest, the look_at must have negative X and Y coordinates, not merely be the coordinates of a region location to the southwest of the avatar's position.

At least this is how it seems to work for me. And at least I was surprised it worked this way, given the wiki. So...

1. Has anybody else observed that this is how it works?
  2. If so, do we change the wiki, or do the functions need to change to match the wiki's description? (There must be content depending on the current behaviour, right?)

The wiki says look_at is in local coordinates, but I only have success using region coordinates.

Something I noticed with experience based teleporting is that lookat seems to be broken as I always face east after an experience based tp intra region whether or not its on my own land or on group owned land or if a landing point is present or not.

I do not have this problem using my own tp HUD that uses llTeleportAgentGlobalCoords(), but doesn't use experiences.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3539 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.