Account temp banned ..... for what ?

ED209 Toxx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5089 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

ok, first things first .... i AM posting on alt account. I have my reasons.

My main account has been temp banned for a violation of the traffic gaming rules (fair enough you might think)

I would of thought, that a parcel that is not listed in search would not pose a problem. It's not like i am a vendor, seller or nightclub owner. it is just a plot of land where myself & a few friends can change clothes and play our hud based game in peace. The plot itself has only a wall surrounding the perimeter at ground level, and a small office space at 3000 meters.

I will reiterate for those who didn't read the above ....... The Land Is NOT Listed In Search

I have already sent a support ticket, which can take up to 3 days to have sorted out (according to the email i received from LL) .... oddly enough, the exact amount of time my account is temp banned for.

here comes the question part of my ranty post

Is there any further action i can take to speed up the resolution of this .... hiccup ?

12 answers to this question

There are not further actions, only the appeal. See the end of this document:

Linden Lab Official: Why is my account on hold?:

------------------------------

My account has been unfairly or incorrectly suspended or permanently closed by Linden Lab — how can I appeal this decision?

Linden Lab takes violations of the Second Life Terms of Service and
Community Standards very seriously. The decision to apply a suspension
or permanent closure for your Second Life account(s) is reached after
investigation of your use of the Second Life software and service.
Residents are not allowed to participate in the Second Life virtual
world if their accounts have been suspended or disabled for violations
of our Terms of Service.

However, if you can maintain in good faith that the violations
were not due to your actions or negligence, or the actions or
negligence of others working for you, you may appeal the suspension or
closure of your account(s) in writing to the address below. Please
provide any relevant information that you believe would explain the
violations we detected. Linden Lab reserves sole discretion in
considering whether to take any action on a written appeal. If you
would like to appeal your warning or suspension, you may contact Second
Life Support, in writing, at the address below:

Second Life Support, Linden Lab
945 Battery Street
San Francisco, CA 94111

Or by fax: 415-651-9221

We also accept appeals filed electronically using the ticket submission process described above.

Tip:At the time of this writing, responses to electronically filed appeals
usually take between 48-72 hours. We cannot guarantee this time frame,
but we will do our best to send you a response as soon as we can.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, what Irene stated (and you have already done) is the limit to what you can do.

As many have said here in the past, LL bans first and asks questions later.  Heck, I honestly don't think in most cases they bother to verify the validity of the AR at all.  I had a friend who was temp banned not once but twice for gaming traffic via bots- even though he's never had a bot or even an alt.

Best of luck to you on getting this resolved.

• Like 1

Irene .... Sorry i am guilty of doing what i (part) ranted about in my initial post .... i didn't read the entire reply ... just the copy/paste from the KB.

Thank you both for your responses. I kinda figured that would be the case, but wanted to make 100% sure i hadn't missed anything

What does it mean if land is not listed in search?

I've had people come onto my small island, and where they do not allow ban lines, so I can't do much but hope my neighbors report them (which the often do). 

Then again, I have been kicked off land that had no ban lines and I had no idea I strolled into private property. I wish there was a way to enjoy the SIMs you find without problems.

Hi Irene,

Thank you for the good wishes.

Received an email from LL this morning (after me posting an appeal ticket) apologising for the action taken, and confirming that the recent suspension will not count against me in the future.

All is well again in my world

Hmmm I'm not getting the full picture here. Did you have a bunch of "bot" avatars cluttering up a sim?

Regardless of what the bots are used for, they will be counted on the traffic figures, and therefore LL are going to use the term "gaming traffic" if there are a relatively large number of bot avatars being used for any purpose, for example if someone were to have a dozen bot avatars in a skybox for playing Tiny Empires.

It wasn't that long ago that residents were getting the message "logins have been temporarily disabled due to an unusually high volume of traffic" - soul-less silent avatars are just not acceptable in a virtual world where (a) LL want cash turnover and (b) regular residents want conversation!

Feel free to clarify what it is exactly LL have suspended your account for.

My main account has been temp banned for a violation of the traffic gaming rules (fair enough you might think)

I would of thought, that a parcel that is not listed in search would not pose a problem. It's not like i am a vendor, seller or nightclub owner. it is just a plot of land where myself & a few friends can change clothes and play our hud based game in peace. The plot itself has only a wall surrounding the perimeter at ground level, and a small office space at 3000 meters.

-----------------------------------------

If what you are saying is true, why are you bothering to use bots to inflate your traffic?  All that ends up doing is create lag.  Something doesnt add up.

Scruffy

SimonT Quinnell wrote:

If what you are saying is true, why are you bothering to use bots to inflate your traffic?  All that ends up doing is create lag.  Something doesnt add up.

Scruffy

==================================

"play our hud based game in peace" maybe they use bots for abuse, like killing them?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5089 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.