Cannot log in with my main Avatar and only on my computer.

Flowerorfoe909

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 585 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have been unable to log in with my main avatar. There is no message, nothing. It looks like it begins to log in, but it is stuck at about a quarter of the way. I am able to log in with an alt on my computer and am able to log in with my main avatar on my phone app. I tried clearing my cache, reinstalling....everything. I even tried downloading and logging in with Singularity (have been using Firestorm). Please help...I am really attached to my avatar. Have had her for over three years. Thanks!

I contacted Support's Live Chat and was told that 'certain accounts' are affected by this issue and it is being worked on. I asked them to put something on the Grid Status page and was told 'they are working on it.'  I was also told that I would be informed via email (!?) when the issue is resolved. 

P.S.  This is not a login failure as was described in the link, but the login screen is hung up on the 'Logging in...' bar.  At least, this is what I am experiencing.

i'm having problems too. on my main avi not very happy i can't log in.

i need to go to work. in sl a few hours

**Only uploaded images may be used in postings**://srdrvp.com/acttr?p=OTc4Mzc2MTUxMVm7%2BdQaY3xzRSp4Aj%2BuUgt2bAqPYJJnjGKmyOfbZp19X%2BErMOfoQ7BE5%2BWyLJ84sRR3Hk%2Brb%2BPszh0%2FucNI26Y%2FkUjCadXPsVfVChO8tuPDZMaM7d9cza6NPf1oIVkwMBlOlL9cvEAGAPeK04mvslrhQ0jXMXHtDYpPFyHrNMVy&m=AY_%3A_not_top&t=1406162303166" border="0" width="1" height="1" />

• 8 years later...

fixing payment info is not the solution as my alts do not have payment info and my issue i can get three of my alts on my pc running on windows 7 and yet i can not on my laptop whicih runs on windows 10 yet on the flip side  i can  get some alts on both   i have sent the issue too support so many times but no linden has helped me resolve this  i even went so far as to give them access minus the password as they dont need a password to get into our avs and the linden said they could   get into that acct and get her on the web site   its like yeah  you are a linden but i cant all three of those avs i have that issue with i cant get on there acct on the web site eithier.  none of this makes sense why should it matter what computer i log them in from?   this absolutely makes no sense. and i agree with one person here when i log them in there is no message just the  sl cant log in message same one one gets  if they put in the wrong address or name  no real error message.

• Confused 2

• 1 month later...

awhile  and many versions off sl installed, still the same problem exists  i still can not get a few of my alts on my laptop yet can log them on on my desktop computer  and if anything happens to my deskop far as it dying will lose those avatars of which use all the time. i get nothing from the  lindens even one logged in on one of my avs am having issues with it they can get on as that av on the web site with that av but i can't. so obviously the issue is not fixed

1 hour ago, Julianna Pennyfeather said:

awhile  and many versions off sl installed, still the same problem exists  i still can not get a few of my alts on my laptop yet can log them on on my desktop computer  and if anything happens to my deskop far as it dying will lose those avatars of which use all the time. i get nothing from the  lindens even one logged in on one of my avs am having issues with it they can get on as that av on the web site with that av but i can't. so obviously the issue is not fixed

No no no. Your avatar is held in the SL computes. Not your desktop or a laptop.

You can go to ANY computer ANY WHERE and login and your avatar will be there. Destroy every computer you have ever used to log into SL with and use your avatar, and your avatar will still be in the SL system with all its stuff.

That you can't login an ALT suggests a problem with your login credentials or laptop connection. With out knowing the error you get, it is hard to guess what is stopping your Alt's login.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 585 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.