Missing Inventory

Daisybabe Cisse

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4186 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

After lasts week crash I logged into SL the next morning and over 1/2 of my inventory is gone. I used to have about 9000 items and now its at about 3000. I have read and looked everywhere and have done everything and i'm so confused. I have folders where most of my stuff was...but with no arrows beside them to drop down to see or wear anything. I also have folders that I can and stuff is missing out of them. Every single one of my LM's were gone until this morning too. Im hoping that im not freaking out for nothing only to have my stuff magically come back. If someone knows anything please help!

10 answers to this question

More often than not just cleaning your cache will fix it.

If not, try this.  If you run XP follow this path...

my computer.. c disk... documents and settings... your named folder... application data... you'll see a folder titled Secondlife.

if Vista here's the path - C:\Users\(yourusername)\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife

open the Secondlife folder, and move the 'cache' folder to anywhere else on your computer, eg to 'my documents'

restart your computer, relog in to secondlife.  (this forces a reinstall of your complete inventory off the LL servers which should fix everything.  If it does, you are then free to delete the 'cache' folder you moved since you don't need it anymore)

i just did a support ticker. same prob. all i have in my inventory are things that are currently attached to saved outfits. not a happy camper lol. i have a $3,200 LD AO program that has 1 of the 6 pieces in the inventory. i just tried to unbox a piece of clothing i bought at Grim Brothers and got some message about my parcel being to packed to rez object. geez, no fun lol, 

Assuming you have already done a full manual cache clearance and been unsuccessful, logging in to the beta grid can sometimes recover lost inventory.

If you are using SL 1.23.5 or Viewer 2 press Ctrl+Shift+G (toggles access to beta grid) and you will see another drop down menu pop up under start location. Click the arrow and select Aditi. Aditi is the beta grid and Agni is the main grid. Ignore the rest as they do not have public access.

If you are using Emerald, select grid_secondlife_beta from Load a Saved Login.

Ensure your start location is Home if you've never been there before. You won't have a Home location but the login will move you somewhere else. You may notice you are suddenly rich with Lindens but it's just monopoly money not real!

USING THE BETA GRID TO RECOVER LOST  INVENTORY

1. Login to the Beta Grid and find a quiet place where no one  will annoy you while you are trying to solve a problem.

DO NOT REZ ANYTHING WHILE ON THE BETA GRID. GO INTO BUSY MODE  IMMEDIATELY. DO NOT ACCEPT ITEMS, DO NOT DELETE ITEMS, DO NOT PASS OR  RENAME ITEMS.

2. Open your inventory, type in a search term and allow your  inventory to populate.

3. Got your goods back? Awesome! Quit the Beta client, login to  the Main Grid and do the same thing. Once you have retrieved your items  on the Main Grid and your inventory has fully populated, logout and  cache that stuff.

4. Log back into the Main Grid, recheck inventory, smile a lot,  raise Hell as usual.

This technique has been proven to work more than half the time so  it may save your hide. Please bear in mind that you should only expect  positive results if you attempt this workaround as soon as possible upon  discovery of your missing items. I am not guaranteeing that you will be  able to recover your items but having at least a chance at doing so is  much better than no chance at all. I hope this helps some of the  residents that fall victim to this issue.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies. I tried Unkles suggestion 1st but to no avail. And I run Emerald and was unable to log into the SL beta grid..not sure if theres a trick to it or not but it wouldnt accept my login.

Bee dont hold your breath on that support ticket btw..I submited one friday and have yet to hear back.

I have a ton on money into SL and i'm willing to try almost anything to resolve this.

Thanks

Your name is not appearing in People Search on the Aditi grid so that's why you can't get in. The Beta grid isn't updated the way the main grid is but I would have thought an eight month old account would have access.

LL say: If your account is too new, you may not be able to login to grid without  getting your account manually transferred. Also if your password has  changed recently it may not be the same as the one stored on Aditi. For  any Aditi login errors with your password contact Oskar Linden inworld  on the normal (Agni) grid.

By the way, I see from your last post that you use Emerald. You should install and use one of the official Second Life viewers to check your Inventory and see if that resolves your problem. If it does, Support are unlikely to deal with an Emerald specific problem but instead refer you to the Modular Systems web site. If your inventory loss is the same on the official viewer, then of course it can deal with it.

Linden Lab does not provide customer support services for issues related  to Third-Party Viewers.  If you are a user of a Third-Party Viewer, you  may contact us for customer support, but if we believe your issue is  related to your Third-Party Viewer, we may not be able to assist you and  may direct you to the Developer of the Third-Party Viewer.  If you are a  Developer, we urge you to provide customer support services for issues  related to your Third-Party Viewer.

I have the same problem.  It's been weeks and my stuff is still missing.  In addition to folders being either empty or altogether missing, I have objects that seem to have somehow turned into a folder.. therefor cannot be rezzed.  I'm hopeing it comes back.  I have alot of missing items that cost lots of time and effort to create, aswell as some that I have paid many L$ for over the years.

=(

okay,  Just did a cache flush and it worked like a charm.  Everything is back.. Yay!

I'm using Pheonix viewer 1.6.1.1691

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4186 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.