Login packet never received

Humphrey Bigbear

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5108 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've been trying to log in for about 2 hours, but I keep getting the message "Login packet never received by login server." The progess bar gets all the way to "Waiting for region handshake" before showing the error message.

I thought maybe this was part of the problem with logins due to the server maintenance, but that's been cleared up.

Any suggestions from veterans?

6 answers to this question

I should add that this problem is often caused by a firewall configuration issue but as you obviously were able to log in before, it's not likely to be the problem now. However, here is the relevant wiki page:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:When_I_log_into_Second_Life,_it_gets_to_%22Waiting_for_Region_Handshake%22_and_stops.

To configure the viewer for multiple logon locations:

On login screen take this path. In top left hand corner of screen, click, edit > preferences > in the general tab, click the box that says "show start location on login screen" click apply, click OK. Now you have something new on your login screen. Click the down arrow and choose "home", or "last location" or type "Violet" (Any region you can remember will do, if you remember the regions name spelling exactly) in the "type region name" selection. Try all three if you need to.

SLurl is also an alternative:

http://slurl.com/

Bookmark it to your browser favorites.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5108 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.