Giving inventory item

Nyll Bergbahn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5113 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

During one of my forays into the tortuous world of Viewer 2, I became mystified as to how to give an item to someone else. The only  way I could find was to open an IM window  and drop the item there. I can't drop an item onto the Search window for the person and if the Inventory tab is open you can't drag  an item to the other person's Profile as the Profile tab won't open  when you drag the item onto it. I can't find anything in the Help Guide and I'm sure there is another simple way but  what is it?

7 answers to this question

essentially, 2.0 has decided that if you want to send someone something, you must also want to talk to them, so the Share button (found in the gear menu, if you click their name in chat) opens up a window that functions as a multipurpose portal to whomever.  Alternately, if they're there with you, you can just slide it to their AV, as always.  if it's in your friends list, you can highlight their name, in the sidebar, then look straight down to the very bottom of the sidebar (you might even call it _below_)and select share or IM or whatever.  Hope this helps.  and there's a tweak to put an invo button at the bottom, again, to open another invo window.  if you want it, I have it on a notecard, and I can send it to you.  just IM me.  good luck

• Like 1

Thanks for that link Torley.

To be honest, after three and a half years in SL, I felt slightly embarrassed having to ask how to complete such a simple task as giving inventory. I did find the IM method as that's the same as in 1.23.5 but the other kludge of opening up a second inventory window escaped me at the time. I kept thinking to myself, there must be a quick way and I'm just not seeing it so that method never struck me.

Hope you can persuade the designers to make the interface more intuitive.

When I first tried viewer2 i couldn't figure out how to arrach a LM for example to a group notice... the group info including composing a notice happens in that sidebar window... the same sidebar window that displays inventory.  To drag a LM for example onto the notice, a person much dismiss the notice to get to their inventory... attaching it to the notice is an impossible task if the notice is no longer there.

That workaround also is creating a second inventory window, thus having something to drag inventory items out of.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5113 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.