Short range teleports

Gypsy Paz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3557 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey guys,  I just did a little experment using llTeleportAgent() to position my avatar to operate a lever.
It worked really well, expect for the teleportation sound and the toast.

Yes, I could use sit targets as has always been done, but the problem with that is there is no range control. And people are able to cam over from half a sim away, sit on the object and be instantly there.

I believe if the the teleport sound effects were suppressed if the distance is less than 10 or 20 meters, it could be very helpful in many situtations. Relaxing the throttle on these short range teleports might also be worth dicussion.

An idea that just popped into my head as I was writing this could be excellent solution to this. Add a new function called llWalkAgent()

Also a llRotateAvatar() function has been sorely needed for years. Once upon a time we were able to, but it got blocked due to abuse. (people were spinning avatars so the viewer had to keep rendering content behind them too fast)

Tangentially, I too was playing with teleports and tired of being notified that my object teleported me. Maybe I'm missing it, but I couldn't find a preference to turn off these notifications. Am I the only one who'd use it?

(Actually, come to think of it, I was getting pretty annoyed by those notifications in the Cornfield game, but I hate to admit how much I suck at it. :matte-motes-tongue: )

Thank goodness.  The way our experience is being setup, it is conceivable to teleport 3 times in a single minute.  Those toasts really stack quickly.  I would also be in favour of removing the teleport noise for llTeleportAgent, especially if you are in the same region, or within 64 meters, or whatever may or may not be decided :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3557 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.