Login failures

MBeatrix

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3532 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Caleb Linden wrote:

Hi All,

For any new reports on this issue please use Mbeatrix's jira

I get "project does not exist when I click your link."

But this works:

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-6735

Strange because I don't see any difference.

Nevertheless, what specific information do you want?

My login fails today (for the last 1/2 hour or more). I have this problem intermittently.

Please write about your experience in the comments of the JIRA I filed (https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-6735) or create your own. Not sure if your problem has the same origin or even if you get the same error message, since you didn't provide any info besides your login is failing.

As of 10:20am SLT I am recieving "Unable to Connect to Simulator" Login Error messages. Right now I am assuming this is caused by ongoing maintenance but I was able to log in yesterday without any problem. I have tried my last location and home location and its the same deal.

Is this really due to maintenance because the SL Grid Status post doesn't mention login issues as one of the expected problems?

Edit: Nevermind it seems to have been a case of I just had to keep trying. Though it did take me about 12 tries before I finally got in.

As of 10:20am SLT I am recieving "Unable to Connect to Simulator" Login Error messages. Right now I am assuming this is caused by ongoing maintenance but I was able to log in yesterday without any problem. I have tried my last location and home location and its the same deal.

Is this really due to maintenance because the SL Grid Status post doesn't mention login issues as one of the expected problems?

Edit: Nevermind it seems to have been a case of I just had to keep trying. Though it did take me about 12 tries before I finally got in.

I do believe it was due to the maintenance, yes. I had the same issue and it went away even before the maintenance finished. And this time I couldn't login with any of my two accounts, which was something different than the issue that made me start this thread and file a JIRA.

All seems to be OK now. I've been logging in/out and in again without problems.

I wasn't having this issue until today. If I try to log in with my main av, it just hangs with the status bar at 1/10th of the way across. No error message, although it's only been about 5 minutes now so it'll probably time out shortly. I can log in with my alt no problem. It seems the issue is not fixed.

MNeatrix, my parter has the same problem today, exactly as you wrote.Her main avy can't get in but her alt can.

She got in with the SL viewer after a long wait, but cannot get in with singularity, which is our viewer of choice.

It's not a viewer problem because i use singularity too and i get in with no problem

I don't know if location is a factor, she lives in the UK,i live in Canada

Wolfen Greggan wrote:

Tried to post on the JIRA but I couldn't find a way to. It looked like it was already closed. Anyway, after a couple of attempts at removing my payment method, I was finally able to log in.

Yes, Bug 6735 as well as all the linked JIRA's are closed now.

Someone may need to open a new one if this continues.

• Lindens

Hi,

For all who have login problems in the last few days, please reach out to support first as they are dealing with this kind of problem pretty regularly. If they are not able to resolve it, they will report it to engineering to find a pattern amongst several accounts.

Thanks,

Caleb

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3532 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.