If I report something for gambling, will LL receive the report and investigate it?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3561 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I realize that you mean games of chance, not those that get the phony "skill game" fig leaf, but still, if I were you I'd wait until the "skill games" rule comes into effect and report stuff then. It's not that far away, and until then one might expect Lindens to be getting a lot of gambling-related ARs for "skill games" that they can't enforce yet.

Yeah, I know, and it's certainly okay to report them now, but I recommended waiting because it's only a couple weeks away, and in the meantime I'm guessing (and it's just a guess) that Lindens are getting lots and lots of premature "skill game" ARs that they can't act on yet, and it could be frustrating if one's legitimate AR got ignored because of that.

FWIW, I spent a while cruising around Zindra and the Atoll today, just checking to see how big a deal this is going to be. It's certainly nothing like the 2007 gambling ban, and I'm sure some of the game owners will tidy-up after themselves when the rule comes in force, but still I expect it will keep a few Lindens busy for a few days.

Carl Thibodeaux wrote:

Say i found some games related to gambling and you can pay them..

A Roulette table and some blackjack..

If i report it as gambling, will LL ever come out and look and check it out? Or it's worthless?

I miss the days when we could play poker and stuff. My first job was hostess at a gambling place in sl. I stood there in my silly ushers outfit and said. "hello and if you need assistance IM me."  But when they needed assistance, I usually went AFK. That job didnt last long..."sigh"

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3561 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.