Information Displays - viewer 2

Farrah Foss

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5118 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Viewer Kludge 2

I can not seem to get the basic land information display or coordinates display that show at the top of the screen, and that I use a lot, in 1.23 style viewers to display in V2. (What a POS)

Anyone know how to get these displays back?

Thanks

6 answers to this question

Farrah Foss wrote:

Viewer Kludge 2

I can not seem to get the basic land information display or coordinates display that show at the top of the screen, and that I use a lot, in 1.23 style viewers to display in V2. (What a POS)

Anyone know how to get these displays back?

Thanks

Right click on the text box that has the land parcel name and select Cooridinates to get the active coordinate display. You can also get the icons for build, scripts and fly in that right click menu, just can't remember what its called.  Make sure you right click IN the text box.  Right clicking on the side of the text box will get you a different menu

--Cinn

• Like 1

I was able to get both the coordinates and parcel properties icons by right clicking that bar. Thanks

God I hate this thing. Trying very hard to keep an open mind, but as it is, will never switch to it. Will give up SL first since this viewer makes so much of what I love to do a real chore.

To bad really, parts of it are not too bad, but its clear to me that LL did not survey any real users before building this thing.

Hi Farrah,

I am a user since first beta (to get used to it and to provide help) and yes - there are differences that make the change a bit difficult.

But while using the new viewer I found many new things that are improvements and I learned to use the new thingie - like I learned to use the old viewer when I was a young man (LOL - some time ago).

There are still some odds compared to 1.23 or Emerald - but after some day of training you will find your way through.

Give yourself a chance and stay here - why leaving freinds and fun just because of some training hours?

Greetings,

Wol

What an arrogant and assumptive answer. How dare you.....   I guess if all I did was wander around Zindra, I might like V2 it too.

However, I have been building in SL since 2006 and some of V2 is good, some is okay, and some is really bad. I read through the instructions before I asked my question, but did not see what I was looking for. Shame on me for asking a question in a Forum. They have changed many menus so that things Builders commonly use are now another layer down, they have changed the camera control so that it takes more work to use, etc. Its not just different, its less usable. That big panel on the right is a pain, a major waste of screen realestate most of the time. I find that to continue to work as I have in the past, I have to open a new inventor window to keep it available. I am not so bugged about having to learn new menus and things as I am that once again it is clear there has been little or no resident input on V2. And to force people who have been using a service for 4 years to spend hours digging through documentation just to keep using the service is not the way to do things.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5118 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.