Group owned land, Preemie or not?

Brea Enyo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5111 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have an amount of land and was considering deeding it to my group. I and my girlfriend are the group owners but I am  a Preemie and she is not. How does this affect us? Is she able to co-own the land by way of the goup and does she get the 512m free?

We have a rental business (skyboxes). Will deeding the group help me to give perms to my staff members to monitor and remove objects from the land. I have given my staff all the perms I thought was needed but they still cannot access the About World>Objects>Refresh List.

Little help here.  

Thanks.

6 answers to this question

"I and my girlfriend are the group owners but I am  a Preemie and she is  not. How does this affect us? Is she able to co-own the land by way of  the goup and does she get the 512m free?"

If it is private land as opposed to Linden land/mainland... the 'preemie' rules don't apply, she wouldn't be effected.  You didn't specify if it was mainland or private land however.

• Like 1

Brea Enyo wrote:

I have an amount of land and was considering deeding it to my group. I and my girlfriend are the group owners but I am  a Preemie and she is not. How does this affect us? Is she able to co-own the land by way of the goup and does she get the 512m free?

We have a rental business (skyboxes). Will deeding the group help me to give perms to my staff members to monitor and remove objects from the land. I have given my staff all the perms I thought was needed but they still cannot access the About World>Objects>Refresh List.

Little help here.  

Thanks.

With regards to your second question.  Yes, there are certain group abilities that only work when the land is deeded to the group.  Removing objects is one of those.  I've never found a definative list of which group abilities required the land to be deeded to work and which do not.  But as far as I can tell, any ability that can make a change in the data seen on the About Land windows will require that the land be deeded to the group.

--Cinn

The following applies to Mainland only. You do not OWN land on private sims unless you own the sim. There is no real benefit to deeding a private sim parcel to group ownership and most sims owners who "sell" or rent land to not allow it.

There are several benefits to a group owning land, the 10% bonus is one of them. If a group has multiple premium members, they can each contribute their 512 tier free land to the group.  Non premium members do not have this to give and they can not directly contribute tier since they can not own land. Setting up permissions for the land can be tailored for group members when used for rentals, but this can be done by using the Set to Group and group ownership is not required. To me, the big benefit is the land bonus. This can really add up as not only do you get 10% more land for the same price, but land = prims.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5111 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.