How to Catch a cheater with out breaking rules? Someone hired me to take picks etc.

Roxi202

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3728 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Someone has hired me (we are friends) to see if her spouse is cheating. She is paying me. She wants phtos etc. I don't want to break rules by spying and taking photos. She said if possible get im too, but isnt this against the rules?

5 answers to this question

You can take as many photos as you want - this is not against the ToS.

But you are not allowed to share any chatlogs.

On a more personal advice level: Is the money really worth to get dragged into that drama feast?

• Like 4

Roxi202 wrote:

Someone has hired me (we are friends) to see if her spouse is cheating. She is paying me. She wants phtos etc. I don't want to break rules by spying and taking photos. She said if possible get im too, but isnt this against the rules?

As has already been said, taking photographs is not against the rules.

But ...

1.   I hope the money you are being paid by your "friend" is worth the time.

2.   If you are caught "spying" - which really is what you are doing, it could be seen as harrassment, and you might just find yourself warned by Linden Lab - or worse.

3.   You would be better advising your "friend" to just break off the relationship.  There are obviously major trust issues, and this is never a good foundation on which to base any relationship.

Getting someone to tempt one's partner into cheating is about the most despicable thing one can do in a Second Life relationship, and shame on you for going along with the plan.

While the others are right...pictures are OK, chat and IM logs are not...I would advise something a bit different.

1.  Tell your friend that what she's asking you to do is wrong.  Not "against the rules" wrong, but just WRONG.

2.  Tell her that if she wants bait to tempt her partner into cheating, just create an alt herself instead of involving you.

3.  If it was me, I'd be dropping this "friend" like a hot potato, and seriously considering telling her partner that he's hooked up with a truly nasty little piece of work.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3728 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.