Tutorial - Create a Bodysuit with Avastar

Medhue Simoni

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3571 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Gaia Clary wrote:

Hi, Medhue, excellent !

So i can now relax even more :matte-motes-sunglasses-3:  However i would like to add a quick 1 minute tool tip here as well which applies to Avastar-1.1. (Could save you a lot of cleaning up time):

(Improved freeze Tool in Avastar-1.1)

cheers,

Gaia

Very nice! I'll definitely be using that now.

I'm going to post the video here so that people don't have to leave the page to see it. Plus, the videos are very much related.

Awesome, thanks for making this!  I learned a lot that I could use for other projects as well. :)

I have a question though.  When you are scaling the wet suit along the X and then the Y axis at 16:20, are you scaling it up or down? (I am assuming up)

Just another thought.  It might be really nice if you made the wetsuit available for download. Not that it looks terribly hard to make (again, thanks for showing folks how to do it) but it would be a really nice starting point for folks using Avastar.  

Ssmiles wrote:

Awesome, thanks for making this!  I learned a lot that I could use for other projects as well.
:)

I have a question though.  When you are scaling the wet suit along the X and then the Y axis at 16:20, are you scaling it up or down? (I am assuming up)

Yep, scaling up, or maybe scaling OUT is a better word. Just remember that you can't go very far on the x axis, as it will also throw off the legs and arms. You can scale more on the Y axis and that wil take care of most of suit that affect the front and back.

Ssmiles wrote:

Just another thought.  It might be really nice if you made the wetsuit available for download. Not that it looks terribly hard to make (again, thanks for showing folks how to do it) but it would be a really nice starting point for folks using Avastar.  

I have thought about this, and selling the wetsuit, for a small price, with my weights. I didn't know all the ins and outs of Blender at that time. Now, I understand how I could do this, but I hesitate because of Fitted mesh. I don't see the point in just selling or giving away a classic weighted wetsuit, as Avastar gets you 90% there. Fitted mesh is far too strange and imperfect to actually sell weights for it. I'd have to charge something for it, if it was downloaded from my website, as I pay a fee for every download from my site. I do use some free sites, but I'd rather not make people sign up for memberships on other sites.

We'll see tho. I'm working on a boxing outfit and MMA outfit, that I want to be fitted mesh for a number of reasons. If I get those working well, then I might sell the wetsuits and weights for it all with detailed instructions.

If you sold it pre weigted I might pay a few lindens for it but I don't know.  I'd probably just make it myself.  Thanks to the tutorials, it doesn't seem terribly difficult all though it is appreciated.  Also, with paying for Avastar all ready, I don't think I would pay for another add on unless it made things super easy.    

Anyway, I have another question, if you are simply using this body suit for weighting purposes, why give it thickness or make it look double sided?  Does making it look double sided help when using it to weight additional clothing meshes, or is it for aesthetic purposes only?  

Ssmiles wrote:

Anyway, I have another question
, if you are simply using this body suit for weighting purposes, why give it thickness or make it look double sided?  Does making it look double sided help when using it to weight additional clothing meshes, or is it for aesthetic purposes only?  

Originally, I made the wetsuit to go with my scuba diving stuff. So, it was a product to start with, but I had in mind from the beginning to use it to transfer weights. Because it can serve multiple purposes, I just wanted to show how to finish it off.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3571 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.