where can i download the latest avatar for editing in blender 2.71?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2470 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

There are avatars in the Sl Wiki. Look for Fitted Mesh and you'll find them. I'm not particularly happy with those files.

There is a free one provided by Machinimatrix.org that has both male and female models. http://blog.machinimatrix.org/avatar-workbench/

If you are just learning I recommend getting AvaStar. It will reduce what you have to learn and make working with SL uploads much easier. You can find it in the SL MArket Place and on the web.

I also suggest you read: http://blog.nalates.net/2013/04/23/second-life-shape-export/ There are some size gotchas involved in moving between SL, Blender, and back to SL.

:matte-motes-sarcasm:also get rid of all your cloths to me and you can download the newest avatar its a toddler adault and baby and teen its mesh have fun with your new mesh avatar

0seagypsy0 wrote:

I am new to creating in SL... my son is teaching me how to use blender. I have the latest version (2.71). I want to download the latest avatar for sl, complete with all the settings that enable fitted mesh. I was sure that I saw a blog about it months ago but I can't find it now. If it wasn't an actual file to download it was at least a list of bones and some data about them so that we could create them ourselves.

I'm sure it will be next to forever before I successfuly create something usable in sl but I want to start there.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2470 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.