Skill Gaming Policy Thread

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2558 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are running games and contest and trivia with L$ przies that is fine and does not come into play with this TOS as long as you are not charging players to enter these activities .. If you are then yes you fall under the new TOS .. If its a non profit sim then you wouldn't be charging to enter . 

ExoticBanker wrote:

If you are running games and contest and trivia with L$ przies that is fine and does not come into play with this TOS as long as you are not charging players to enter these activities .. If you are then yes you fall under the new TOS .. If its a non profit sim then you wouldn't be charging to enter . 

I think you are misunderstanding the meaning of "Non Profit."  Non Profit does not mean that they can not or would not charge.  Schools can be "Non Profit" and still charge for classes, etc, etc.  Non Profit does not mean, "for free."

ExoticBanker wrote:

Thats assuming semi colons in the skill game policy means all of the conditions have to be in effect to fit their requirements for skill games and it doesn't mean none of them. Donation options to play and win are not allowed either.

Lastly, non profit is a business structure. Some laws may allow for charity events such as bingo but LL does not have any policies having exceptions for charitable bingo and the like.

There you go, calling into question the use of semicolons again.

Sorina Garrigus wrote:

Donation options to play and win are not allowed either.

You may be right, but has LL actually stated this as such?  Nothing I've read in the new ToS states that this is the case... but, as has been said many times before, there's lots of gray area.  At this point, we've no idea how LL will go about policing their policy.

...Dres

Sorina Garrigus wrote:

ExoticBanker wrote:

Thats assuming semi colons in the skill game policy means all of the conditions have to be in effect to fit their requirements for skill games
and it doesn't mean none of them. Donation options to play and win are not allowed either.

My word, you are incredibly stubborn. You have been shown categorically that the semi-colons are used correctly as commas, and you've been shown why they are used instead of commas. All 4 conditions must be met.

@everyone else. Ignore Sorina's idiocy concerning the semi-colons. She hasn't got a clue what she's talking about concerning them.

Phil Deakins wrote:

Sorina Garrigus wrote:

ExoticBanker wrote:

Thats assuming semi colons in the skill game policy means all of the conditions have to be in effect to fit their requirements for skill games
and it doesn't mean none of them. Donation options to play and win are not allowed either.

My word, you are incredibly stubborn. You have been shown categorically that the semi-colons are used correctly as commas, and you've been shown why they are used instead of commas. All 4 conditions
must
be met.

@everyone else. Ignore Sorina's idiocy concerning the semi-colons. She hasn't got a clue what she's talking about concerning them.

The point is to make things VERY clear like they did in the wagering TOS and ACTUALLY using conjunctions making things VERY clear. you don't get over 70 bloody pages of question if they made everything perfectly clear. Legal verbage is very specific and is NOT left to punctuation but to actual words.

Sorina Garrigus wrote:

Phil Deakins wrote:

Sorina Garrigus wrote:

ExoticBanker wrote:

My word, you are incredibly stubborn. You have been shown categorically that the semi-colons are used correctly as commas, and you've been shown why they are used instead of commas. All 4 conditions
must
be met.

The point is to make things VERY clear like they did in the wagering TOS and ACTUALLY using conjunctions making things VERY clear. you don't get over 70 bloody pages of question if they made everything perfectly clear. Legal verbage is very specific and is NOT left to punctuation but to actual words.

I will grant that some of the people here asking questions have English as their second language and so they at least have a reason.

Plus I don't see 70 pages of questions.  But a lot of those pages came from people who didn't bother to read in the first place or from people like you who have been crying that "The Sky Is Falling Down" ever since the announcement was made.

If you are unable to understand the use and placement of Semi-Colons I would suggest you talk to a lawyer who can.

But it is quite clear to any one who can read that your intent is to do nothing but play "poor woe is me" and confusticate anything anyone says or asks.

I can understand that perhaps it is a bitter pill for you to swallow that your little gambling world has just come crumbling down.  But you certainly are not helping anyone now with your negativity. 

It's funny.  I've never been a Linden Lab Fan Boy, but the more I read posts from people like you the more I actually find myself supporting Linden Lab.  That almost begins to scare me.

Sorina Garrigus wrote:

Yes well I think your a clueless idiot to thanks for that. I am calling them on lack of clarity.

I'm not the one who's purposely calling into question the appearance of a semicolon in order to incite more confusion than need be.  If my negative reaction to such tactics makes me a clueless idiot in the eyes of the very same deceptive agitator who has chosen to deploy them, then so be it.

...Dres

Perrie Juran wrote:

I will grant that some of the people here asking questions have English as their second language and so they at least have a reason.

Plus I don't see 70 pages of questions.  But a lot of those pages came from people who didn't bother to read in the first place or from people like you who have been crying that "The Sky Is Falling Down" ever since the announcement was made.

If you are unable to understand the use and placement of Semi-Colons I would suggest you talk to a lawyer who can.

But it is quite clear to any one who can read that your intent is to do nothing but play "poor woe is me" and confusticate anything anyone says or asks.

I can understand that perhaps it is a bitter pill for you to swallow that your little gambling world has just come crumbling down.  But you certainly are not helping anyone now with your negativity. 

It's funny.  I've never been a Linden Lab Fan Boy, but the more I read posts from people like you the more I actually find myself supporting Linden Lab.  That almost begins to scare me.

"from people like you who have been crying that "The Sky Is Falling Down"

I am calling for LL to clarifiy the policies. They are allowing skill games clearly thats the whole policy. I never for a second said the sky is falling or implied that sort of thing. It will elminate most of the small and start up places for sure. But this policy DOES effect ALL games which players pay in and can win. Including racing, SL sports chess tournaments, and many contest events that have a entry fee of any kind. They won't go away. They will change or reduce as people without a lot of money can't recoup their costs.  

" it is a bitter pill for you to swallow that your little gambling world has just come crumbling down"

Skill games aren't being banned and as a good little hypocrit your pretty much saying the sky is falling pretty close to litterally. It is just crumbling down as opposed to falling down. Its not, there is just more red tape. People trying to work with the issue is trying to get through all the confusion LL and the short time frame.

Hypocracy will be pointed out and that is clearly you being negative and just creating complete BS. If you can't be constructive or helpful why bother posting at all?

"It's funny.  I've never been a Linden Lab Fan Boy, but the more I read posts from people like you the more I actually find myself supporting Linden Lab.  That almost begins to scare me."

You probably shold be scared. Your defending a blatant lack of clarity, LLs lack of communication on the issues, and are there any excemptions or are all games that have any kind of skill now have to be restricted to a gaming sim if there is an entry fee and prize? Your right  you are sounding like a Linden Fan Boy if not a linden alt.

I am not here fighting changing the polices. I am already shutting down my game store. I am just  here to help people out and demand LL to be open, clairify multiple issues and pretty much do their damn job. I happen to look at their rating on the better business bureau and they litterally are rated at the lowest. They need to get their act together.

http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/internet-gaming/linden-lab-in-san-francisco-ca-57373

Sorina Garrigus wrote:

<snip>

I am not here fighting changing the polices. I am already shutting down my game store. I am just  here to help people out and demand LL to be open, clairify multiple issues and pretty much do their damn job. I happen to look at their rating on the better business bureau and they litterally are rated at the lowest. They need to get their act together.

I'm aware of the rating.  I'd also suggest that you take the time to learn how the BBB's system rates things.

And that you take the time to read the incredible amount of Bat Guana that people post in their complaints.  But here is a typical sample:  

Complaint: ****** Labs/dba Second Life knowingly and willfully are using fraud traffic and lies to lure people in. The site is malicious and highly adult content

Second Life is a 3D world where everyone you see is a real person and every place you visit is built by people just like you.

The above I pasted directly from their what is Second Life Page. There are 100's of people using 1000's of alt account, scripted agent/bots for many reasons but mainly for a scam game called Tiny Empires. http://tinyempires.com/standings/ if you click on the kingdoms on this page you can see how obvious and enormous the issue is. They brag highest traffic numbers etc knowing most are the same people and they charge people like me for land while allowing others to run bots on Linden Sims. They have suckered in many real businesses in the past however most left. There are still government agencies like schools being taken. I have been stalked, harassed, by users and reports go unanswered. I filed a complaint with two State AG offices over billing me after I told them not to touch my account but this complaint is the traffic lies. In response to the AG offices, **** *****, ****** Lawyer use the US Mail to send false and misleading info in order to continue the criminal activity and taking my money. A clear violation of RICO laws. Included was an email from an employee of ****** Labs that goes by the alias ***** ****** to me that was never sent to me. She stated Tiny Empires was a role play game of sabotage and Lie Play. I insisted for two years now that should be POSTED on both sites to prevent abuse. Also both sites should post the fact that at any given time the majority of Second Life traffic is alts and bots. No real way I can trace IPs to verify this so I now have over 50 alts in the game and run up to 32 at a time for up to 24 hours a day. I see others running hundreds using scripted agents. They say they target 16 year old and up. I have reported people for extremely vulgar content stalk me and they are in groups like Teen **bleep** rape sex something. Nowhere does ****** mention any of this. I have been robbed for years and my money issues ignored by AG's thinking ***** ****** was a real person but that is not this complaint, I am as I said the fraud traffic and malicious content. -

I'd rate the BBB a HUGE F for evening considering a complaint like this. 

But you see, it counts against you in their ratings.

Complaint: ****** Labs/dba Second Life knowingly and willfully are using fraud traffic and lies to lure people in. The site is malicious and highly adult content

Second Life is a 3D world where everyone you see is a real person and every place you visit is built by people just like you.

The above I pasted directly from their what is Second Life Page. There are 100's of people using 1000's of alt account, scripted agent/bots for many reasons but mainly for a scam game called Tiny Empires. http://tinyempires.com/standings/ if you click on the kingdoms on this page you can see how obvious and enormous the issue is. They brag highest traffic numbers etc knowing most are the same people and they charge people like me for land while allowing others to run bots on Linden Sims. They have suckered in many real businesses in the past however most left. There are still government agencies like schools being taken. I have been stalked, harassed, by users and reports go unanswered. I filed a complaint with two State AG offices over billing me after I told them not to touch my account but this complaint is the traffic lies. In response to the AG offices, **** *****, ****** Lawyer use the US Mail to send false and misleading info in order to continue the criminal activity and taking my money. A clear violation of RICO laws. Included was an email from an employee of ****** Labs that goes by the alias ***** ****** to me that was never sent to me. She stated Tiny Empires was a role play game of sabotage and Lie Play. I insisted for two years now that should be POSTED on both sites to prevent abuse. Also both sites should post the fact that at any given time the majority of Second Life traffic is alts and bots. No real way I can trace IPs to verify this so I now have over 50 alts in the game and run up to 32 at a time for up to 24 hours a day. I see others running hundreds using scripted agents. They say they target 16 year old and up. I have reported people for extremely vulgar content stalk me and they are in groups like Teen **bleep** rape sex something. Nowhere does ****** mention any of this. I have been robbed for years and my money issues ignored by AG's thinking ***** ****** was a real person but that is not this complaint, I am as I said the fraud traffic and malicious content. - See more at: http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/internet-gaming/linden-lab-in-san-francisco-ca-57373/complaints#sthash.kw7d068c.dpuf

The above I pasted directly from their what is Second Life Page. There are 100's of people using 1000's of alt account, scripted agent/bots for many reasons but mainly for a scam game called Tiny Empires. http://tinyempires.com/standings/ if you click on the kingdoms on this page you can see how obvious and enormous the issue is. They brag highest traffic numbers etc knowing most are the same people and they charge people like me for land while allowing others to run bots on Linden Sims. They have suckered in many real businesses in the past however most left. There are still government agencies like schools being taken. I have been stalked, harassed, by users and reports go unanswered. I filed a complaint with two State AG offices over billing me after I told them not to touch my account but this complaint is the traffic lies. In response to the AG offices, **** *****, ****** Lawyer use the US Mail to send false and misleading info in order to continue the criminal activity and taking my money. A clear violation of RICO laws. Included was an email from an employee of ****** Labs that goes by the alias ***** ****** to me that was never sent to me. She stated Tiny Empires was a role play game of sabotage and Lie Play. I insisted for two years now that should be POSTED on both sites to prevent abuse. Also both sites should post the fact that at any given time the majority of Second Life traffic is alts and bots. No real way I can trace IPs to verify this so I now have over 50 alts in the game and run up to 32 at a time for up to 24 hours a day. I see others running hundreds using scripted agents. They say they target 16 year old and up. I have reported people for extremely vulgar content stalk me and they are in groups like Teen **bleep** rape sex something. Nowhere does ****** mention any of this. I have been robbed for years and my money issues ignored by AG's thinking ***** ****** was a real person but that is not this complaint, I am as I said the fraud traffic and malicious content. - See more at: http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/internet-gaming/linden-lab-in-san-francisco-ca-57373/complaints#sthash.GcHbVkNh.dpuf

The above I pasted directly from their what is Second Life Page. There are 100's of people using 1000's of alt account, scripted agent/bots for many reasons but mainly for a scam game called Tiny Empires. http://tinyempires.com/standings/ if you click on the kingdoms on this page you can see how obvious and enormous the issue is. They brag highest traffic numbers etc knowing most are the same people and they charge people like me for land while allowing others to run bots on Linden Sims. They have suckered in many real businesses in the past however most left. There are still government agencies like schools being taken. I have been stalked, harassed, by users and reports go unanswered. I filed a complaint with two State AG offices over billing me after I told them not to touch my account but this complaint is the traffic lies. In response to the AG offices, **** *****, ****** Lawyer use the US Mail to send false and misleading info in order to continue the criminal activity and taking my money. A clear violation of RICO laws. Included was an email from an employee of ****** Labs that goes by the alias ***** ****** to me that was never sent to me. She stated Tiny Empires was a role play game of sabotage and Lie Play. I insisted for two years now that should be POSTED on both sites to prevent abuse. Also both sites should post the fact that at any given time the majority of Second Life traffic is alts and bots. No real way I can trace IPs to verify this so I now have over 50 alts in the game and run up to 32 at a time for up to 24 hours a day. I see others running hundreds using scripted agents. They say they target 16 year old and up. I have reported people for extremely vulgar content stalk me and they are in groups like Teen **bleep** rape sex something. Nowhere does ****** mention any of this. I have been robbed for years and my money issues ignored by AG's thinking ***** ****** was a real person but that is not this complaint, I am as I said the fraud traffic and malicious content. - See more at: http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/internet-gaming/linden-lab-in-san-francisco-ca-57373/complaints#sthash.GcHbVkNh.dpuf

The above I pasted directly from their what is Second Life Page. There are 100's of people using 1000's of alt account, scripted agent/bots for many reasons but mainly for a scam game called Tiny Empires. http://tinyempires.com/standings/ if you click on the kingdoms on this page you can see how obvious and enormous the issue is. They brag highest traffic numbers etc knowing most are the same people and they charge people like me for land while allowing others to run bots on Linden Sims. They have suckered in many real businesses in the past however most left. There are still government agencies like schools being taken. I have been stalked, harassed, by users and reports go unanswered. I filed a complaint with two State AG offices over billing me after I told them not to touch my account but this complaint is the traffic lies. In response to the AG offices, **** *****, ****** Lawyer use the US Mail to send false and misleading info in order to continue the criminal activity and taking my money. A clear violation of RICO laws. Included was an email from an employee of ****** Labs that goes by the alias ***** ****** to me that was never sent to me. She stated Tiny Empires was a role play game of sabotage and Lie Play. I insisted for two years now that should be POSTED on both sites to prevent abuse. Also both sites should post the fact that at any given time the majority of Second Life traffic is alts and bots. No real way I can trace IPs to verify this so I now have over 50 alts in the game and run up to 32 at a time for up to 24 hours a day. I see others running hundreds using scripted agents. They say they target 16 year old and up. I have reported people for extremely vulgar content stalk me and they are in groups like Teen **bleep** rape sex something. Nowhere does ****** mention any of this. I have been robbed for years and my money issues ignored by AG's thinking ***** ****** was a real person but that is not this complaint, I am as I said the fraud traffic and malicious content. - See more at: http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/internet-gaming/linden-lab-in-san-francisco-ca-57373/complaints#sthash.kw7d068c.dpuf

The above I pasted directly from their what is Second Life Page. There are 100's of people using 1000's of alt account, scripted agent/bots for many reasons but mainly for a scam game called Tiny Empires. http://tinyempires.com/standings/ if you click on the kingdoms on this page you can see how obvious and enormous the issue is. They brag highest traffic numbers etc knowing most are the same people and they charge people like me for land while allowing others to run bots on Linden Sims. They have suckered in many real businesses in the past however most left. There are still government agencies like schools being taken. I have been stalked, harassed, by users and reports go unanswered. I filed a complaint with two State AG offices over billing me after I told them not to touch my account but this complaint is the traffic lies. In response to the AG offices, **** *****, ****** Lawyer use the US Mail to send false and misleading info in order to continue the criminal activity and taking my money. A clear violation of RICO laws. Included was an email from an employee of ****** Labs that goes by the alias ***** ****** to me that was never sent to me. She stated Tiny Empires was a role play game of sabotage and Lie Play. I insisted for two years now that should be POSTED on both sites to prevent abuse. Also both sites should post the fact that at any given time the majority of Second Life traffic is alts and bots. No real way I can trace IPs to verify this so I now have over 50 alts in the game and run up to 32 at a time for up to 24 hours a day. I see others running hundreds using scripted agents. They say they target 16 year old and up. I have reported people for extremely vulgar content stalk me and they are in groups like Teen **bleep** rape sex something. Nowhere does ****** mention any of this. I have been robbed for years and my money issues ignored by AG's thinking ***** ****** was a real person but that is not this complaint, I am as I said the fraud traffic and malicious content. - See more at: http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/internet-gaming/linden-lab-in-san-francisco-ca-57373/complaints#sthash.kw7d068c.dpuf"

Sorina Garrigus wrote:

Phil Deakins wrote:

Sorina Garrigus wrote:

ExoticBanker wrote:

must
be met.

You must have been reading a different thread. There aren't over 70 pages of questions in this one. If you don't know why there aren't, you must have been reading a different thread - or just imagining it all.

There may be a few things that aren't clear, but the bit containing the semi-colons that you keep bringing up is perfectly clear. Only those who aren't up on english grammer could find it to be unclear. And, since you are one of those, it's best if you don't post about the semi-colons again. After all, each time you bring it up only adds to your embarrassment.

Sorina Garrigus wrote:

Your not helping dwelling on one damn thing. I have a long list of issues in their policy as do many others. Get over the semi colon its about clarity in the policies. If the policies have no effect on you why comment?

Then drop your silly semi-colon idea from your list, because you are absolutely wrong about it, and it's been proved to you.

Incidentally, the policies have no effect on me either, but I feel I have to comment when someone like yourself spreads confusion regardless of that absolute proof that you actually know. There are all sorts of words to describe a person like you, but I won't write them down or my post may get deleted.

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Sorina Garrigus wrote:

I am just  here to help people out

rofl.gif

...Dres

Your clearly here to troll but to respond to your laughing troll "comment"

Xavier10 Albert wrote:

I'm looking for a not too expensive lawyer to be operator

im in the world thx

Sorina Garrigus wrote:

There were some game operators trying to pull resources and use the same lawyer. Try talking to ayesha.lytton in world. They were sending out note cards on the subject.

ExoticBanker wrote:

If you are running games and contest and trivia with L$ przies  .... If its a non profit sim then you wouldn't be charging to enter . 

Sorina Garrigus wrote:

Lastly, non profit is a business structure. Some laws may allow for charity events such as bingo but LL does not have any policies having exceptions for charitable bingo and the like.

RacerX Gullwing wrote:

Hi

Giant snail racing the sport that's been in second life since 2004,  I would like to know if I can continue accepting donations that go into a pot and are divided up amongst the snails that raced each week. We do not require anyone to pay money to race. We do not want to be a gamming sim as there is no profit made by the sim owner or me.

Sorina Garrigus wrote:

The skill game policy states a game that requires OR permits the payment of linden dollars to play and pays out in Linden Dollars. As it is written snail racing with paid donations with money to win would be considered to be permitting the payment to play. So unless LL...

etc so on

While Dresden Ceriano wrote

rofl.gif

... That must have been quite an undertaking, just to be able to create a pointless forum post.  Or perhaps you were just testing out your counting skills?...

Oh, boo hoo. *eye roll*

I'm glad you think my avatar is compelling enough that I should feel so enamored by it.

etc so on.

For the record nobody cares about your naked avatar in the forum.

Sorina Garrigus wrote:

I am not here fighting changing the polices. I am already shutting down my game store.
I am just  here to help people out
[...]

I'm glad that you're closing your game store down. I am against gambling, and my opinion of people who promote it, such as by selling or operating gambling games, is so low, there aren't words for it. They, including you, are nothing more than leeches.

By spreading lies? That's what you do when you say that the semi-colons make that part unclear. You know it's not true and yet you still say it. That's what lies are. Perhaps you're so cheesed off at having to close your store that you've decided to confuse people by spreading lies.

If LL were going to make it any clearer, they would've done so by now.  We have four days left until the policy goes into effect.  I think it's safe to say all four were meant to be together, considering the last statement that says games that don't require a pay in are not the focus of the skill gaming policy.  If the four items were meant to be mutually exclusive, the policy would be contradicting itself.

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

There you go, calling into question the use of semicolons again.

Sorina Garrigus wrote:

Donation options to play and win are not allowed either.

You may be right, but has LL actually stated this as such?  Nothing I've read in the new ToS states that this is the case... but, as has been said many times before, there's lots of gray area.  At this point, we've no idea how LL will go about policing their policy.

...Dres

Lastly I may or may not responded to this specifically but just to show your not reading the new policies pretty much at all including the bit I quoted here it is again on donations to play and win not being allowed.

“Skill Game” or “Skill Gaming” shall mean a game, implemented through an Inworld object: 1) whose outcome is determined by skill and is not contingent, in whole or in material part, upon chance; 2) requires or permits the payment of Linden Dollars to play; 3) provides a payout in Linden Dollars; and 4) is legally authorized by applicable United States and international law. Games in which Second Life residents do not pay to play are not within the scope of this Skill Gaming Policy. “Skill Games” are not intended to include and shall not include “gambling” as defined by applicable United States and international law.

"Donations to play" is permitting the payment of linden dollars to play. As stated it can't be required or permited. Its not a grey area. There are a lot of poorly written aspects but they were clear there.

If your not reading the policies pretty much at all, it would be a HUGE help to everyone of you stopped commenting on them like you were.

I feel the same way, Phil.  I wish the skill gaming policy covered camping/traffic games, which are also reach-around leeches and region resource hogs.  I guess I'll just accept this victory and hope LL gets rid of them at some point in the future.

Yingzi Xue wrote:

I feel the same way, Phil.  I wish the skill gaming policy covered camping/traffic games, which are also reach-around leeches and region resource hogs.  I guess I'll just accept this victory and hope LL gets rid of them at some point in the future.

I don't know what you mean by 'traffuc games' unless you mean gaming traffic, but camping is fine. Camping to inflate traffic figures on land that shows in search was banned years ago, and shouldn't exist at all, but camping itself is fine.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2558 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.