"Adult" inventory items

Arachna Frostwych

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5081 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

With all this fuss about the new TOS and maturity ratings, I wonder if I'm accidentally an offender.  I am a very PG (or G) person, and chose a perfect piece of land on a beautiful PG sim.  I searched for the perfect house, then started furnishing.  I found a gorgeous and expensive bedroom set, which I almost didn't buy because it had a "menu" with many sex options.  It also has non-sex options such as lying down and sleeping.  The set is fabulous and I can regularly change the colors on the pieces, which I love.  I finally bought it for its beauty, deciding that I don't have to use the menu just because it's there.  I had no problem rezzing it.  Am I now an "outlaw" for having this item rezzed inside my house on my PG parcel?  If so, is there a way I can remove the menu so that I'm just left with the beautiful piece of furniture?  (I finally figured out what a pose ball is - sort of, I think, but I haven't figured out why some objects let you relax, lounge, etc. without one.)  I have no intention of ever using the sex options, or even having someone else in bed with me.  I certainly don't want to be suspended or banished for "contraband" that I don't intend to use.  Thank you.

5 answers to this question

Hi Arachna,

Personal opnion, I think you should keep the bed.  However, the guidelines are somewhat specific in this regard.  I highlighted the key area.  Frankly I think its stupid but suggest you read the whole article and decide for yourself.  Note that the article was recently updated because it reflects the maturity settings as now described in the Viewer 2 (General, Moderate, Adult) vs the older ones (PG, Mature, Adult)

--Cinn

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Maturity

There are some landowners and Residents who desire a Second Life  experience distinct from the activity that occurs in Parcel_lght_M.png Moderate and Parcel_lght_A.png Adult Regions. Region owners who wish to  host this sort of Second Life experience can (but need not) designate  their Regions as Parcel_lght_G.png General. A Region may be designated Parcel_lght_G.png General if it does not advertise or make  available content or activity that's sexually explicit, violent or  depicts nudity. Likewise, sexually-oriented objects such as "sex beds"  or poseballs may not be located or sold in PG regions.

That was how I understood it too, Cinnamon, but I wanted to be sure I wasn't mistaken.  The name of the bed doesn't indicate content, nor is it modifiable, but the notecard that came with it says "lifetime support" so I'll IM the creator and ask him to remove that menu & pose balls, neither of which show unless you actually bring up the menu.  Thanks to all for your responses.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5081 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.