Missing IM's whats causing this?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3573 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Even when I'm online I dont recieve some IMs at times and people think I'm ignoring them, then they show me the chat log copy when I deny I got their message, when I check my  own log the message isnt there,  other times a mesage I may have sent them also dosent appear in my log, also happened with a  vendor and I thought it was bad customer service, glad I didnt post a negative review of their product. So what could be the issue? viewer related?

Multiple causes and probably difficult to determine which without a more detailed look at what's going on.

• Packet loss
  • Null sessioning
  • Weird account craziness (incl. Ghosting, fake logins or inconsistant online status via Friends (not LSL))
  • Account maintenance / poor resolution of online status (including via LSL)
  • Poor negotiation/handling

I think on odds alone it's more likely to be connection/network/service failure than viewer.

It's been happening on occaision to me as well - poor online 

Typically, if you still get them as offline IMs (to your Email/next time you login) it's more likely to be your connection. No offline IMs can indicate a service or account fault. Neither is testable in one move.

SL communigation are unreliable, so don't rely on them.  Suggestions:

Send anything important in a notecard.  Copy it into IM if you want.  A little redundancy helps deal with unreliability.

For really important communications, use email.

If it is important, ask for a response.  If you don't  get a response, send it again.   Don't blame the receipient for the failueres of Linden Lab.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3573 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.