About new MP BUG

Marina Ramer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3567 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

After the announcement that it has been fixed, i found items in one of my stores (things like candles and chairs) listed as ADULT.  In another store, simple cushions and ice cream listed as ADULT.  "Way to go LL!  You fixed it real good!" <-- in my best Marissa Tormei ala My Cousin Vinny accent.

I fixed all three stores manually.  In Merchant Chat, people are reporting that the fixed items (listed now as General) are not showing up unless you're logged in.  So clearly there are still more underlying issues.  However, I believe that most people log into MP, and so setting the items back to the proper rating yourself should help. 

Do this via edit listings.  Click on the maturity rating to sort them in order.  The Matures will come up on the first page.  Adult listings will be on the last page.  You can check each item on the page listing, then use the drop down on the bottom - select edit and then click go.  it defaults to general.  you have to check the maturity rating and then click the radio button to the appropriate rating.  Then click update and it will bulk update the ratings of all the items that you had checked.

Thank you for contacting us at Linden Lab Support. I'm sorry to hear of your listing enhancement issue. An item being changed to "adult" does not prevent the listing enhancement from working or showing up for everyone. If a person is browsing the marketplace while not logged in, or if they have the "adult" rating disabled or unchecked that would be the only situation where they would not see it. However those logged in would still be able to properly see the listing enhancement in question, which means it will have still been properly functioning and showing the enhancement.

As such this will not be refunded, and we have no ability to extend or change the date the listing enhancement will attempt to charge the next time.

If you have any other unrelated issues you may send in a new case for additional assistance.

Regards,
DeanT Scout
Linden Lab

My products claimed were also for kids and teenagers, so please someone explain to me, how in the world is this answer right? how a kid or teenager could possible just "select adult listing" and see them?

As I see it.

Dean argument is incorrect. Minors logging in will *not* see any item listed as mature or adult - ever. That is the very definition of Linden Lab's rating system.

Dean's answer is in violation with Linden Lab's ToS, and quote the exact text about solliciting others to violate SL's ToS.
and more specifically, Dean is suggesting that minors should set their rating to Adult.

Very dissapointing!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3567 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.