CopyBot Static

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5129 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

Is it sufficent in itself to be certain you should be banned? No. No more so than a dentist whose surname is Pain or Fear should automatically be avoided. But the name would certainly detract from his business popularity.

Would you ban someone who chose the name HaHaImAGriefer ? Or HereToCauseTrouble? Or SimCrasher? Many people in SL would, in a heartbeat. And in most cases, might well be right to do so.

CopyBot has very negative connotations in SL. I can't see why anyone would choose that as a name, except to try to get people to arttack, ban or antagonize them. If you want to be accepted in SL and not get treated like a pariah, I would advise dumping that account and starting a new one with a less antagonistic name.

• Like 1

This is quite a naive question given your name choice. I should think most store owners/managers who see you in their sims or stores will ban you. Unfortunately, many people come to rue the day they chose their first name. Your only hope is that LL become aware of your ill-chosen name and force you to change it but I fear that may be unlikely.

Take the suggestion offered and start a new account.

Nyll

The question is not so naive as it seems. I'm in SL about 3 years and know the problems with copybots. But curious enough, many sim and store owners don't know, how to recognize a copybot. Copybot is an extern client and not an avatar. And the name alone means nothing.

But thanks anyway for your answer.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5129 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.